General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Headlight Wiring...

Old 11-12-2001, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Wiring...

Where is the power wire for the headlights located at??? My guess would be one of the wires coming from the turn knob that turns the headlights on but I am not exactly sure and dont want to start cutting wires if it is not needed. The reason why I want to know where it is at is cause I want to wire my indiglo gauges, my neon light in the back window, and my 2 neon lights underneath the dash to the headlight power wire!!! I only want them to come on when it is dark out and that is when I turn my headlights on!!! Also they would flash on and off with my alarm...which would look pretty cool. Thanx for any info...
Old 11-12-2001, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

The problem with running too many accessories off that one headlight power switch is that you may overload that switch/circut.

I would run them off the standard dash light power wire before the dimmer switch.

In regards to getting them to flash with the alarm...that would take and electronics guru, which I am not.

BTW...moving to INTERIOR forum. You'll get better replies there.