General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Has your Hyundai ever broke down or left you stranded on the road

Old 04-23-2010, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Tiburon GT
Default Has your Hyundai ever broke down or left you stranded on the road

I looked and haven't found any threads on this. Could be some interesting stories. My car has never broke down although, while driving a couple of long trips, I did get a couple of flat tires. My backseat and hatch was full of stuff so I had to get it all out so I could get my spare tire out.. Other than that, my car has proven to be a very reliable vehicle. Discuss.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:01 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Every Hyundai Ive owned has broken down at some point. sad.gif
Old 04-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

The Accent has left me stranded twice.

Once was a crappy alarm install but took me 2 days to figure out the problem.

The other my camshaft position sensor went out and left me and a car full of family stranded in a Jack in the Box parking lot in a bad part of town about 20 miles from where I live at 2:00am. I stayed the night in the car because it was not a good idea to leave it sitting there. I almost had to shoot someone. A big group of thugs stopped and hopped out and surrounded my car. Three of them were staring at me glaring through the front windows. I had a pistol in each hand under my jacket pointed at the two guys at the front doors. IMO they were trying to decide whether I was worth messing with. I think the lack of concern that I had for being surrounded and outnumbered six to one was a little unsettling to them, so they left without giving me any trouble.

The Tib's canister purge valve left the wife stranded until the gas fumes dissipated enough to start, but IIRC that's all it's done.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:39 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

^^^

man i miss Jack in the crack...
Old 04-23-2010, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

Nope. I had an alternator go out and it almost died on me, but it held out just long enough to get me home.