General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Electric Impact Wrench

Old 05-30-2016, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tib
Default Electric Impact Wrench

What do you guys think of these? I'm no mechanic, I have no air tank and no air tools. An electric impact wrench seems like a great solution.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:29 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I love mine. It works great! Big jobs require bigger tools, but so far mine has been able to change all 4 wheels on the Tib, and had enough juice to remove and install new shocks in my dad's 2500. I have the Ryobi system and it works great. There are others that have more torque, but I already have the Ryobi library of tools and decided to go with it.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I bought one and wasn't impressed. I didn't spend a lot and I think this is a tool where you get what you pay for. Some of the other autox racers had 12v or cordless impacts which were better than the a/c version I had but they were more expensive than a small compressor and reasonably acceptable air impact.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Coupe F2 Evo

i bought one a few years back, wasn't impressed, just not enough torque (my fault for buying the wrong one). It's a really handy tool but spend the money and get one with a decent torque rating, don't forget you'll need an impact socket set aswell if you haven't already got one