General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Drunk driver took out my Tibby.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Damn! That sucks soooo bad. Unfortunately, I know how you feel, but at least your guy had insurance. Mine was an illegal immigrant. Let your lawyer handle it. They will take him more seriously.

Glad you're ok and hope you are able to rebuild it.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:35 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Damn! Glad you and your wife are ok. That is the most important thing. Things can be replaced. People can't.

With that said, that sucks sooooo bad man! Definitely sue the guy! Get yourself a lawyer asap!! Get ahold of Visionz lawyer! I like his compensation package!

For anyone out their interested, I have my Tib insured with Grundy International. It's a bit of a process, they do an evaluation of the car. I had to send pics and receipts for 90% of the work I did to the car to qualify. Luckily most receipts are obtainable through PayPal and credit card statements. Anyway, they insured my car for 25k. Runs me about 400 bucks a year.

Wow, what a reality check this morning. I urge all of you guys to look into it. Conventional insurance is a joke for our cars and they don't even come close to the value that we have put into our cars. Again, glad you are ok.

I'm glad you have an appraisal!! That could be the one thing that saves you in the lawsuit.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Since your wife was injured, I'd definitely get a lawyer and let them deal with everything, medical bills, car payout, etc... If nobody was injured, you'd be on your own because there would be no money in it for the lawyer.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Daaaammn.

Glad you and your wife are alright. Also glad it wasnt your fault. Sue for all its worth and more. F DUI.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:22 PM

Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

Sorry to hear about your wife getting hurt, I Hope she recovers quickly, and sucks to see your car in this condition. It really was a great looking Tib.

Time to Lawyer up as many others have said. Tib was Appraised at 17k, Dang!

You can probably afford to build just about anything after the lawsuit... be modest though. Don't have the next thread be "What has a Flat 12 and has had more cocaine snorted in it than your local drug dealers house? My New(to me) Testarossa!" Because I'd be stupid jealous...
Old 10-04-2016, 04:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 1997 Beta Swapped Accent

Oh man! Glad you and your wife are ok.

If it was here I wouldn't get 1000 for it. Almost all modifications are not paid.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:28 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

wow sorry to hear man. your car was one of my favorites.

rebuild it or time to move on?