General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Did your high school have autoshop class?

Old 02-22-2012, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 00 Elantra
Default Did your high school have autoshop class?

I’ve noticed that not a lot of schools have this. What is more interesting is schools that don’t usually have autoshop, will have some kind of regular shop class where you can build things out of wood, metal, etc. I think if I had a preference of the two, I would take auto shop definitely
Old 02-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

We didn't, but there was an option to get bussed to a nearby school to take auto shop.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I wish mine did, that would have been a fun class.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:41 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

My high school had both! We had wood-working class, we made shelves or spiceracks and note dispensers. lol. We also made a third project, it was your choice, I made some wooden bowls on the lathe. It wasn't too fun, the teacher was kinda strange and there were too many "safety" rules to follow (but I guess you can't blame them, one teacher for apx 25 or 30 14 year old students and a bunch of dangerous power tools).

In auto shop (which was AWESOME!) we tore down a lawn mower motor and labeled everything, then were tested on it, then re-assembled it. Bonus points were given if your motor ran after re-assemble. My partner Jeff and I were the only ones to have our motor running at the end of the year. We had left over parts!!?? But it still ran! LOL!

We also had an automotive class where you learned about basic car maintenance. Learned how to change oil, change a tire, that kinda stuff. We mostly just screwed around with a Toyota Tercel that the school had in the garage. It was a great class, I didn't really learn anything I didn't already know, but it was a fun class.

I miss being in high school.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:37 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

We also had an automotive class where you learned about basic car maintenance. Learned how to change oil, change a tire, that kinda stuff. We mostly just screwed around with a Toyota Tercel that the school had in the garage. It was a great class, I didn't really learn anything I didn't already know, but it was a fun class.

This was basically my autoshop class. I was being taught how to change the oil by day, then going home and wiring up the beta swap by night. Hey, at least I got an A in something...
Old 03-12-2012, 06:51 AM

Vehicle: hyundai

yes we had..it was very fun...
Old 03-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

We were NOT a technical school, but still had a wood shop, metal shop, auto shop, drafting studio, video production studio and an art studio. This is what you get at public schools back East where people are actually willing to pay higher taxes in exchange for good public schools. Out West, where I now live, people think taxes are for Communists and public schools suck.

Yep, leave it to me to turn it political.