General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Car Pranks

Old 02-15-2012, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 06 Elantra
Default Car Pranks

What pranks have you done on other people that are car related? I need some good ideas
Old 02-15-2012, 05:36 PM

Vehicle: 2010/Hyundia/Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track

The BEST one IMO is the zip tie drive shaft, because it is so cheap and effective.

Just find a big zip tie and tie it around the drive shaft so it slaps the undercarrige as rpm increases. It sounds horrendous and doesn't really do any damage, but I would be with the person after doing this not only so you can watch their reaction, but also to scare them by convincing them they spun a bearing and then to laugh and reveal the truth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppuqOyVzYDY
Old 02-15-2012, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

I wish I'd heard of that during the following episode . . .

A guy at my work kept putting stuff on my car. Stickers on the trunk, writing on my stickers, zip-tied something to the tie down hook, etc. I told him to knock it off but he thought I was kidding. I got a 10" square label/warning sticker that said DO NOT PUSH HERE and had a big picture of two hands inside a circle/slash NO circle. I crossed out "here" and put "your luck" on the sticker and pasted the sticker on the driver's side of the windshield. I used a corner of the sticker to hold a note telling him: if you don't stop putting sh*t on my car I'll either deflate all your tires for you, use an entire roll of packing tape on your car, or both.

He stopped doing stuff to my car. Until the day he quit the company, and he put one clear zip tie on a hub cap.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:26 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I set the rev limiter and max speed to something like 1500rpm and 30 mph on my friends firebird.

Damn thing went into limp mode due to an unrelated fault and it never actually did anything...
Old 02-16-2012, 05:40 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

We used put a mackeral or herring (fish) on/in the manifold under the hood of our newly wed friends car just before they drove away for their honeymoon !!...They would stop shortly,and remove all the "just married"signs and cans tied to the bumper, but they never get the "hood fish" !, it would stink for weeks !! lol....
Old 02-17-2012, 12:08 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

i've heard of people funneling babyb powder down the ac vents and turning the ac to full blast (while car was off). obviously when they turn the car on it becomes a white christmas.