General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Buying a Dremel

Old 02-04-2015, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Accent GT
Default Buying a Dremel

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a Dremel to use for some mods I have coming up but I have no idea what kit to buy. I see some that have all sorts of accessories, others that come with only the Dremel, etc. What do you guys recommend? For now, I'm only looking to do maybe a little bit of sanding, cutting of plastic, and small things like that.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:32 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Depends on if you do a lot of shop work. The accessories cost quite a bit more if you buy them separately. So it is best to buy them with the dremel kit. Comes out cheaper. I also found that the accessories that you REALLY want and use the most, don't come in any kits. Things like the carbide tips and cutting tools. Those you have to pay $10 for individually.

I use my dremel all the time and abuse the hell out of it. Yet my first one lasted me 12 years until I smoked the motor by too much pressure and abuse on large objects. Never even oiled it. So when I bought another, I got the top of the line dremel again.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:26 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

This is the one I have. I got it for a little cheaper ($50), but I use it all the time. I bought an extra accessory kit because the cutting tools tend to get dull or break after a lot of usage.

http://www.craftsman.com/craftsman-v...1&blockType=G1
Old 02-05-2015, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I personally just bought the lower line 2 speed version. Then got all the accessory options I wanted at harbor freight for ~1/10th the cost. I find that the harbor freight accessories work just fine for my needs. I'm satisfied.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I like my cordless Li-Ion one.