General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

2006 Tiburon 20

Old 06-18-2013, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006 Tiburon SE 2.0 Stock As Of Now
Default 2006 Tiburon 20

Hey guys I just got a 06 Tiburon SE 2.0 5 speed. I want to start adding some hp to it. I am not very familiar with these cars so looking to see what everyone thinks I should do first to it. Thanks, Josh.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Exhaust and Cold Air Intake should be your first mods. It will help it breathe better and you'll get decent gains.

Intakes can be found on ebay and can range from cheap to high priced (Injen, AEM, etc).

Complete exhaust systems are available as cat backs from reputable companies or you can have an exhaust shop fab up custom 2.25" or 2.5" piping and install a good universal muffler along with it.

For suspension, there are plenty of aftermarket companies that sell springs, struts/shocks or coil over suspension. Just depends on how low you want to go, and what your budget is.

A nice set of wheels will add wonders to appearance, and making sure they are paired up with a good set of performance tires will help in the traction and handling department.

Smaller mods to help with appearance would be window tint, HID lighting, custom tail lights, etc.

For in car entertainment, a new head unit, with better aftermarket speakers, amps, and subs will make driving much better experience.

Larger and more costlier modifications involve clutch and flywheel, nitrous, or forced induction such as a turbo.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Start saving for a turbo and supporting mods.

A boosted is truly the happiest of motors.