FlyRyde Distribution
Sponsor:   FlyRyde
This forum is to inform members about FlyRyde Distribution, and the items they sell.

Vdi Kit Owners Vertical Doors Hinges.

Old 06-12-2006, 03:26 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just now got off the phone with Louis from VDI. I told him about the 2000-2001 kits that they just started making. I think up until just NOW, they didn't know that the new 00-01 kits are actually supposed to be the 1996-2001 Kits. Originally they had the kits listed only for the 97-99, and the kit had a very small couple of adjustments that needed to made to make them fit. Well now that I brought in my 00, they thought the 99 kit they installed on it needed changes, so they made a new perfect kit. That perfect kit is not just fixed for the 00-01 models, it actually should REPLACE all existing kits for the 96-01.

So I asked if my customers who have not installed the kit yet can send back the box with everything in it, in exchange for the new perfected 96-01 Kit. He said I just had to call him for a special return number, and that means its a green light to send the kits back.

SO AT YOUR OWN EXPENSE, you can ship back the old kits and pay for shipping on the new kit. It'll run about 60-70 dollars to do that, and you'll not need to mess with the new kits AT ALL for them to fit right up.

The old kits will need some attention to the upper most bolt hole on the chassis side. The hole needs to be extended or ground out a bit to allow the bolt to set in place correctly. Also there is a bolt atop the strut that needs to be either ground down, or replaced with a round top bolt. On the new kit, the bolt sits inside a counter-sunk hole in the actual welded on bracket. The bracket welded onto the old kits is not counter-sunk and the bolt is much too tall to clear the fenders. On my RD2 the bolt doesn't even come close, where the older kits on a few cars out there have been making dimples in the OEM fenders, which is NOT good.

Anyway, a few of you were waiting for this info, so send em back, and get the good ones!

-Chris
Old 06-12-2006, 06:48 PM

~OT~ Hit me up on AIM sometime if you have time, got a quick question. ~OT~

Do we need the return # to send them back? If so can we have it tongue.gif
Whats the address to send to?
How do we pay for return shipping? Is there a set price for them shipping to us?

Yay I guess I will be putting mine on myself laugh.gif I'm trying to get the few (two) RD2's that aren't stock to get some VDI's, but one wants a suicide kit. Psh. lol. Gave em the website but I think they forgot it.. maybe a card or something of the sort would help cool.gif haha.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:24 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

So does that mean the rest of us that worked with the prototype are doomed to modifying it. Mine is about to be hacked up and modified to work but both my fenders are toast....need body work to fix them.

Just curious...i guess i'm sol either way cause of a deadline.

JD
Old 06-13-2006, 01:33 AM

So does that mean my kit almost done??
Old 06-13-2006, 10:11 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Hell's Yeah! Way to go Chris.... PM ME!!!! I will get this out to you ASAP. I don't care about shipping at my cost. I have the Erebuni fenders and they absolutely will not work with the kit as is. Do we need this return number, or is that something you need when you bring them back in? Or do we need to ship it directly to VDI with that return number? Thanks for pulling through man... You have restored my faith in you! hail.gif
Old 06-13-2006, 01:31 PM

Peter I should have yours and Big Tre's in the next week or so. I'm trying to balance out all expenses right now as best as possible, but after cashing out Import Trenz like 5K last week, I'm just gather stamina again to get hit with the next big bills. Either way I owe you a kit, and I'll have it soon, sorry for the lag, its been like a year or something now?!

All return numbers will be given to me by the owner of VDI, and you just have to ship them to me. PM me if you need my addy again.

I wouldn't want to get anyones hopes up for sending back kits that have been assembled and installed, as it was a long shot even getting the OK to send back the uninstalled kits. It always sucks being the test rats unless everything comes out great the first time. Unfortunately Tiburons never seem to get enough R&D work done before the products come out. Sorry guys.

But I do know that the old kits can be made almost EXACTLY as the new kits. They just need that bit of grinding on the top bolt hole. They also just need some drilling into the bracket that the bolt for the strut sits in. If you copy the images I took before, they'll basically fix all issues and you just need a new bolt, which I can send out to you guys who need them.

But you guys just leave the return issues to me, and ship them here so I can handle everything and ship back. Shipping will be exact so you dont waste money, and I dont get shorted. I'll have you all pay for shipping after the fact, so just worry about getting them to me first. I trust you guys to pay for return shipping when I give you the exact bill anyway.

Thanks guys.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:06 PM

Super. I think I payed in Nov or somthing like that. Any way thanks for update.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:53 AM

Ok so that basically does nothing for me since I modified the kit. That doesnt make any sense because what are they going to do with the un installed kits that they cant do with the installed ones?

I have one installed and one not installed. One strut has failed like I've stated before and I never recieved a replacement so I used the one for the other side.

I feel my kit should be replaced either way since It wasn't a fault of mine and they know that and the modifications I've done to the kit should have no bearing since it is still the kit they produced.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:26 AM

I would be really supprised if they replaced anything thats out of the box. The old kits, they'll basically chop the old brackets off, and reweld the correct piece back to the bracket, and extend the hole atop the mount.

But you know what Long, I actually spoke to Louis about you and your kit, and told him I need a new strut, and he just needed an address, or a P.O. for you or something? So maybe he'd be down to just send out a whole new kit instead of the strut only since one of your hinges are brand new. I can say you installed it long enough to see that the kit had problems. Either way I'll have that strut for you quick. I'll call him again today and see what he says about the strut so we can squash that real quick.

I'm not telling you guys who installed already that you're screwed, I'm just saying dont get your hopes up. I dont know for sure if they'll take care of the kit or not, but just know I'm doing what I can to convince them its worth it. They gain nothing by fixing the kits, OR accepting the old kits back for new ones. I'm supprised they treat the Hyundai kits as well as they do considering a lot of their kits are shipping out 40-50 a month, whereas the hyundais have maybe sold 40-50 EVER. They would be better off telling me to screw off, but they're good peoples, so I'll see what happens. Just please dont get your hopes up and get pissed when I confirm they're not helping.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:56 PM

Vehicle: Two 97 RD Tibs and 2010 Genesis Coupe

Hey Chris
So basically when we return our Kits do they actually modify the ones we send back to you?
If so how long will this take to fix and then ship out bro? 02.gif
If its the same kit tehy modify i want to make sure iget teh same one back since its used and not mixed up with other ones people send back drillsergeant.gif