FlyRyde Distribution
Sponsor:   FlyRyde
This forum is to inform members about FlyRyde Distribution, and the items they sell.

Non Widebody Rd F2 Evo Bumper

Old 01-16-2006, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm so interested in this bumper!!! Count me in!

It looks like sex on the RD2!

C'mon RD2 owners, chime in!
Old 01-16-2006, 10:09 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

The only reason it looks good is cause its wide..otherwise it looks almost stock... It seems a waste to make it into a normal version. Hell just due some hacking and fiberglassing to your stock rd2 bumper and your done.

Just my .02...i mean i don't know S***

HEHE laugh.gif
Old 01-16-2006, 10:18 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

^ Even if you don't take the widebody into account, the whole lower half of the bumper is different compared to a stock bumper.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:52 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

That's an entirely different bumper, yet, I don't know how it wouldn't be possible to mold the F2 lower portion into the Stock RD2 headlight surround. but chris is strict as hell when it comes to fitment. it would be difficult to combine the two bumpers. it would take a lot of tries meaning a lot of funding. the CF hood i have from him is a perfect fit. Not a mm out of place.

I almost know 100% that it's due to his lack of sale for his "Type-R" or F2 EVO mold bumper in the United States. A LOT of people do not realize the origins of this design (peter stevens; helper in design mclaren f1; chief designer lotus espirit) made it for hyundai for the rally scene. not only does it look completely badass but it is damn aggressive and is a world of difference compared to stock. before Chris even shipped his bumper or made molds of it, I sacrificed half the cost of my car to import the original homogolated bumper from the UK. that's blood in sweat equal to 2 months of work for me just for a lousy fiberglass bumper... and i do not understand why anyone wouldn't give up $300 for one from Chris.

he's got a lot of projects he's got to finish now. hell, it's difficult for him o concentrate on my demand for his own rear bumper mold, so imagine how difficult it would be for him to make a mold of the F2 for the RD2 AND have it not sell. i'm giving him a good 6 months to do what he has to do before i start rampaging about that rear bumper to him again.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:34 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

In that first pic isn't that an RD1 rear?
Old 01-23-2006, 12:14 PM

Looks exactly like a RD1 rear to me
Old 01-23-2006, 02:37 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

of course that's an rd1 rear. he probably did a conversion along with the rest of the car. i bet he had connections with MSD and he had the cash to convert the sh*t. i was told he had spent some $30,000 on the whole thing but i could be mistaken or it could have been a rumor...

zoe from UKCS was there, her tib is in one of those photos. she'd know what was done. i don't think this project will be happening anytime soon, at least for 2 years or so unless someone brings it to blacktib's attention and his business calms down.