FlyRyde Distribution
Sponsor:   FlyRyde
This forum is to inform members about FlyRyde Distribution, and the items they sell.

New Flyryde Catback Exhausts

Old 06-12-2006, 04:20 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, most of you know about the new exhausts, they'll be all set this week after I bring in the mufflers and resonators. I dont want to buy either until I hear this thing myself, and if it needs something it'll get it, instead of having 10 copies of it that aren't quite right.

But things are lookin HOT!

I'm aiming for $499.00 as the MSRP posted up on FlyRyde.com

Of course for you RDtiburon guys, I'll offer them at 399 + S/H I believe shipping costs are 34 dollars. If its less, then you'll pay less. The first of the kits should be installed and tested for power, sound, video, etc. this week, and by next week they'll be shipping out. Check one post down, I'm going to add the different mufflers you guys have to choose from, and remember it'll be angled out the back of the Tiburon...

The Mufflers are angle cut, burnt tip units,

and they sit under the axle, angled out the back end, like the Apex Units do.

Here are some shots from production:

Muffler options:

Angle Cut, Burnt Tip

Angle Cut

N1 Style

Hayabusa Style

Fireball Angle Cut Style 3.5" lip

Fireball Style Angle Cut 4.5" lip
Old 06-12-2006, 04:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Well, I'm all up ONS for one set for me mang. How is this going to work for emissions? I've got my GT headers, so it'd be that and this exhaust.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:55 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i'd recommend coating this to be sold first if it's to be mild steel. i have some dynomax and it's crap. hope it's a good thickness of pipe. looks good from the pictures, mandrel bent too. can't wait for the sound clips.

get some additional info on these, like will it include hangers, gaskets, bushings, whether or not it will have to have a custom hanger welded under the axle...etc. good job man.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:11 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

because of the way my rear bumper is, I may have to get an N1 style with the longer tip. My exhaust is kind of hidden from the rear bumper (hole fits, but exhaust is short). I'm really not sure how the exhaust would fit with my rear bumper. Will this catback system have the exhaust located differently (cocked) and if so, is there an option for it to come straight out like the factory muffler? If you happen to see an N1 up close, will you measure the tip for me? Even if it's just the length of your hand or somethin, so I can see if it'll poke out enough.

I HAVE to find a way to come up with $400!!! Argh, this sucks. Maybe I'll have it shipped with my headers once they're in.

I think this is an Apex'i muffler.. it's a pic of Java's car (with mine in the background). Is that how the exhaust will be cocked?

Old 06-13-2006, 01:24 AM

I'll be getting one once it ready. Will headers be ready at same time??
Old 06-13-2006, 01:43 PM

No the catbacks will be first before anything. There isn't really any way I can have it assembled to fit your car Majik, so what I can do, is provide the correct muffler for you with a 4.5" lip, and send the catback all how it normally would come, but without the muffler welded. That way if you need to, you can have a local shop weld it once its on the car, and you should be set! The guess of how much of an angle to cut the end piece at would be nearly impossible for it to sit right.

But I'm going to offer this. For you guys who have ordered the Equal Length headers, I'll take half payments on the exhausts, and charge that cash when the equal lengths are done. That way if you want both, and you've paid for one or the other, you dont have to fork out another 425 or so, on TOP of what you paid (about the same) for the headers.

So if you bought the headers already, I just need 200 for a catback, and I'll put your cash from the headers towards this. I just cant swap the cash over, as its already been invested in the headers, and I need to pay my cost still for each of the exhausts. This should help though, so Majik if you want, dont worry about the full 400 right now, just half.

All tubes and flanges are Stainless Steel, so no rusting, I dont think they'll be ceramic coated, but I'll find out what the cost would be and offer that as an option. They will have all hangers welded on in place, and come with the gaskets between the flanges, possibly with O2 sensor extensions if they're needed (which I hope they wont be). The hangers will be used with the stock rubber parts, and I'll have them make a small bump at the end so they dont slip right out of the rubber like the old MBRP exhausts did.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:24 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Sweet. I'm very interested in this. I have the same problem as Majik though. I may need to do the same thing as him.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:09 PM

PMed fing02.gif
Old 06-14-2006, 10:34 AM

Thanks guys, the payments are definitely going to be a big help, and I can pick up all the mufflers and resonators with this cash. So keep em going! smile.gif
Old 06-14-2006, 01:49 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Hmm, I'll see what I can do in a few days. Can you answer my questions above bro?