FlyRyde Distribution
Sponsor:   FlyRyde
This forum is to inform members about FlyRyde Distribution, and the items they sell.

Mass Gb, And Product Update Thread.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris, this thread is for you to post UPDATES on your current Group Buy products. This goes for any threads that i have locked and any others that i missed.. We really need SOLID updates on where all of this stuff stands. People either need there parts, or there money back. Some of this stuff has been going on for over a year, without a solid forward update.

On the EVO RD2 hoods for example, a 1-2 month turnaround was what you said and it has been over 5 months i believe without ANY real updates. There has been no progress besides the fact that a rd2 hood was sent to be molded.

The cadamuro RD1 hoods, well who knows what happened with that.

I dont want anyone but staff posting in this thread and chris. If anyone has anything else to say, PM me, post in one of the other 2 thread i made, If applicable and necessary.

Chris, if you post, and i really hope you do so we can get this all worked out, i would like you to post like the following:

ONLY updates about said products, and any other rdt stuff you have going on that has money invested.

I would like these questions answered in a nice clean, easy to read format, without any information that wont help the people invested.

Where does the product stand?
How long until it will be finished?
Can the invested get their money back?
Will it ever be completed?
Has the product been started?
Can we see pics of progress?

and ANY other helpful information that will let people know whats going on with their money/investments into Group Buys or other parts.

We need information on AT LEAST the following that i know of (staff can add more if they know of them)

EVO RD2 hood
RD2 Cadamuro hood
RD1 Cadamuro hood
Air ram strut bars
RD1 CF eyelines
RD1 Drag bumper
Low Turby side skirts
King body kits
Header Refunds/status
Vertical Doors/Hinges
RD1, RD2 wiper cowls

Thank you and I hope all this stuff can be worked out soon.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:13 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Whats up bro^^^ Its funny you ask about those

As of a few days ago...

These ended up in my garage. UPDATE GUYS, today I'm headed off to Import Trenz with a ton of progress. I'm arranging a drop off date for my RD2, so we can get the modded Turby skirts (Type S) finished, and they'll need the car for that, AS WELL AS THE SHARK FENDERS!!!! WOO HOO. Finally huh?

The other solid update is the RD2 Evo hood should be ready in about two weeks, and the Cowlings should be done soon as well, based on me finding them. If not, I need a donor set of RD2 Cowlings. I'll stop by my local junk yard first though before anyone sends something off for me.

I'll post more later. If anyone wants to chat or give me a call to find out any info through all of this, you guys need to be able to call me on my cell at 909 770 2915. Leave messages if I dont pick up, but I should be able to talk to anyone that calls to answer their questions. Thanks guys!!
Old 02-21-2007, 01:52 AM

So today went like a dream!!! I had to help my father in law do some pergo floors, and got paid to lend a hand. I then took that money, and brought it to the bank with the 2000 dollars I had for Import Trenz. I got a 2100 dollar Cashiers check, and brought a contract for Import Trenz.

I finally got down to Import Trenz at about 5pm. I go to see if Jr. is there, who is more or less the boss. He's not. So I talk to my guy Ed. I let him finish up what he's doing, and then he comes out of his office, where I ask him who should sign for my contracts I brought? He looks down the hallways, and there is Henry, SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY at Import Trenz. Henry for those of you who dont now, is the guy who talked me into Import Trenz as my manufacturer. I also found out today, that he's normally in Hawaii, because he owns Import Trenz, and would rather be chillin at the beach, lol.

Crazy how it took so long to find out that the guy who talked me into the company was one of the two owners. SO, me and Henry sit, chat, and discuss everything possible pertaining to my account, and the products. After an awesome talk that got me all excited to get business going, he happily signs this contract:

Henry assures me of the protection I have there and gives me some amazing info that will be used to have every single Import Trenz product listed on my site, in about an hour, as soon as they see my business proposal and agree that we're worth hooking up. He finishes up with me, and I go to pay Ed the cashiers check, and take my reciept portion:

I get the account all paid off, and I end up with about 1.50 credit instead of being in the hole over 2000. All of the sudden, I look up to see my partner Smiley is there. He gives me the key to our storage that has over 4 different bumpers and side skirts for tibs that I've been waiting to pick up. I showed him the payment, and then Henry walks in. I introduce Smiley and Henry, and then we start talking about our new 05-06 G35 Sedan Hood we need to make for Stillen. They'll be test driving the car tomorrow, and its making over 350 to the rear tires. Stillen still doesn't have a hood for this, so we asked how soon we could get it going. Henry takes us to the back, to show us a few vents and scoops. Basically he shows us a hood with a bad underside, and more or less advises us to make the bottom nice as well, same as we'll do the Tiburon hoods.

Here's the good part...

I'm noticing that there is a basket full of headlights and tail lights. Then a table with a bunch of eyeline looking things. While we're talking I cant stop noticing this. I REALIZE IT IS MY STUFF!!! I have the eye lines, and tail lines for the 96-99 Tibs DONE BUDDY, DONE! Not only that, but I have the GK Eye Lines and Tail Lines DONE!!! I fit all of them up to the lights in the basket, and they fit AMAZING. I basically told them I had no choice but to hijack the RD ones, and test fit them.

After that we're talking a bit more, and Henry asks Ed if he can get a ride since his flaked on him. Ed basically says no way, it too far for him. Smiley says the same, so I figure why te hell not, its on the way home. I said I wouldn't mind if he felt like riding in my ghetto RD2. He quickly agreed, and before long we're were chillin the parking lot talking with Smiley and his Girl, and Henry. We BSed for a minute, and then go on the way. Smiley called to ask where he needed to be dropped off at, and told me he knew a shortcut. About the same Time Henry said HE knew a shortcut, and the two ended up being the same way. So me and Henry are talking, while I'm following Smiley through Hacienda Heights, which is basically about as twisty and crazy as any street, anywhere. So I'm basically canyon racing, talking to the owner of Import Trenz while I'm driving, about everything from business to family history. The guy couldn't be nicer, and basically said he was doing about the same thing as I am now when he finally started to make it big.

I finally dropped him off, and shot straight home, where I was about to pee my pants with excitement the whole time, until after American Idol Angela FINALLY fell asleep, and I got to sneek away to take these pics of all the products I just brought home. These are a new product, that only ONE member has paid for (eyelines). The Tail Lines I didn't really ever tell much about, but they're here now, and being sent off to make the mold tomorrow.

I'm about to post in the FlyRyde forum all about these.

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Tail Lines Never Seen Before!!!</span>

Real

Chopped Color Change

Real

Chopped Color Change

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Custom Angel Eye Tail Lines Never Seen Before!!!</span>

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Fiberglass Eyelines!!!</span>

Real

Chopped Color Change

Real

Chopped Color Change

So tell me what you think of my day at Import Trenz??? Tomorrow I'm dropping off some parts that will go right into production, and I have over 1000 dollars to start them up tomorrow! Only reason we didn't get them paid for today, was because we stayed at I.T. until closing, and ran out of time.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:24 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

BUMP for Chris.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:00 AM

I'm having Tom from APE make up two more bars that will take care of Gary, and Moo and ship out in the next two weeks. I'm also having him get me a ton of bushings to take care of a few other orders.

I'll be at VDI, Sun Auto, and Import Trenz today. I'll take pics of some of the inventory while I'm there for you guys.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:11 AM

UPDATE:

I dropped off the front and rear Eyelids, so they'll be molded ASAP. All of the steps have been taken to have the RD2 Evo Hood made. I dropped off of the old hood and they already have the new RD2 OEM. They said it might be easier and quicker to just make a top skin from the RD1 Evo hood, and use that to keep the bottom side of the RD2 Evo as stock as possible. This way it wont have all the supports cut and left ugly.

I also pulled out the long awaited Type S rear, which should be ready soon. When I get back from New York next week, I'm expecting to have a few things ready, and the Type S rear is one of them. I have one person who's paid on this, LuvMyTib, but she is getting a refund on it. So this will be one of the first new parts that not a ton of people have paid for. Here's the shots. One of the pods was cracked, but it doesn't matter since its being molded flush with the stocker.

And I test fit the front lip. I dont really like it though? Doese everyone else? I'm going to put up a poll about this thing, its not the lip we all want, its the rear and the sides. I just dont think I like this enough to keep making it?

So to wrap this up, I'm waiting now on them to find the cowling so we can begin. I have another chop I'll post up, and once we all agree on my design, I'll bring that to Import Trenz, and make it happen. They're looking for a few things that I dropped off a while back. I guess when they clean up shop, they take all loose items, take a description of them, and box them up. That way nothing is broken. So they're getting my silver Turby skirts out, my black WB fenders, and the cowl. They also still have my RD1 reverse vent hood.

I'm trying to drop off my car there tomorrow, so they can have it for a week or two. The turby skirts twist when they try to mold them, so they'll need to slap those on the car, add an inch or two drop, and coat them with resin or something to keep them rigid. Either way, THEY can do it. They'll have my car for that, and for the Hood fitment. I MIGHT have them put the two post shark wing on the back and get that ready for the RD2 guys. That would be a last project if at all.

So we're looking at parts coming out in this order.

Eyelids front and rear (cause they're being molded today)
RD2 Evo/Cowling (if I can present my design and they find my cowling by tomorrow, they'll have it while I'm away.
Type S Rear should be ready to mold this week.
Type R skirts
Type S skirts (are finally coming in today or tomorrow and going right in for molding)
Old 04-12-2007, 01:14 AM

Update:

I have 40 sets of Eyelids on order. The mold is done, and we have the pricing. FG is 65 and Carbon is 115.

Concerning the new RD2 Evo Hood, I've been told its being worked on currently. The top skin is done, and the orders I placed at the time I ordered the top skin to be made just came through today. So the skin should be ready to mold to the RD2 stock hood. ETA was orignally 2 weeks, and its been about 7. I'm estimating if they tell me it'll be 2 more weeks, then it'll really be 4 more weeks, but hopefully before April has past.

I picked up my RD1 hatch today, as well as the 4 Gill WB fenders I dropped off at I.T. like a year or more ago. I also have everything else not currently in production being picked up tomorrow. There is a big breakthrough on product development that I think you all should read carefully.

At Import Trenz, I have to deal with waiting in line. Reason being, bigger (high paying, more important) companies have projects in front of mine, and they have cars at Import Trenz for test fitment. My projects have to be test fit as well before they're dont with modifications. This is because the part must be extremely rigid and perfect before they can mold it. So if I have a stock bumper with a different bottom section, the only way to mold it is to make the stock part rigid as well. This means building up the bumper with Fiberglass and making sure its slightly oversized so that when its molded and it shrinks a tad bit in the mold, the finished copies wont be too small (over-tight fitment).

SO, I got on the phone, and spoke with the guy who did all the custom work on my black tiburon a few years back. He got me some contact info for a guy who does great bumper design work, and who'll be able to work on my projects right away! This means instead of waiting around for Import Trenz to have time to schedule my cars to come in for test fits, we'll do all modifying and test fitting with this new shop, THEN bring back a perfect rigid bumper and Import Trenz claims it'll take two weeks from the time we drop off the bumper until we have the mold done and ready for copies. That's probably a bit too optimistic, but double the time, and I think 4 weeks is better than 10 or 20 or 52 weeks, lol. So this will really really speed up the process of getting the new products produced. Plus we're done trying to buy 1-3 bumpers at a time. From now on, any new products will be ordered in quantity so that we can move enough to generate some cash to produce the next 10 units. Our prices are lower than ever before, and as long as we keep the supply up, the demand will continue to grow. This is good news for everyone smile.gif
Old 05-01-2007, 09:31 AM

I just got a bunch of eyelids in stock. I also finally picked up the Turby skirts that we're going to make lower and fit to the car like most aftermarket side skirts (fit over the stock skirts). I should be dropping off the RD2 for widebody this or next week, and we should have that Evo Hood done ASAP.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:24 AM

I was just told a week to two weeks MAX to have the first RD2 Evo Hood ready to test fit. Dont hold ME to that, but I'm just letting you guys know that's what I was told when I asked for an update just now. I told him you guys are getting pissed, so "I'm going to hold you to that". That's all for now folks.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:12 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

It's good to hear progress is coming, but any word on the wiper cowls?