FlyRyde Distribution
Sponsor:   FlyRyde
This forum is to inform members about FlyRyde Distribution, and the items they sell.

Iceman Products. BBTBs and CAIs

Old 03-22-2005, 09:59 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iceman Products. BBTBs and CAIs

So today I was finally after about 10 failed attempts, able to get ahold of my friend Andy Vasquez, owner of Iceman.

I found out a lot of info. It was really great to get to sit and talk with him for the first time in many months. For me this was special, because for the first time I was able to tell him about my business and what I've accomplished over the past year. Andy is THE reason I went into business for myself. I had no clue that I had the option until he got me motivated to make money doing what I love.

So enough about my past. Andy filled me in that he has been having a few issues with the whole automotive business for a little while. He was having tons of issues with the guy he paid to do his Tooling. That guy was giving Iceman huge headaches, and overall, holding them up as a business.

Now Andy, being a true entreprenuer, is the owner of quite a few businesses. One of which is a company who makes parts for extreme sports, BMX bikes. Well, the sport I'm talking about is being possibly drafted to the olympics, and Andy owns the rights and patends for it. So he may be more than set with that business, and with all the troubles with Iceman, I can see where the attention has drifted elsewhere.

Now, Intakes, Big Bore Throttle Bodies. Andy has revived Iceman, by hiring new help. His cute young receptionist, has now been replaced with a business driven young guy, who is really bringing Iceman back. I'll be working tons with them as well, but things in the works include a whole new website/store, new products, and great new customer service.

So things are really movin these days. Part of the problem from the old guy who did the Tooling, is that he took all the work Andy hired him to do, and left with it. Andy is now doing the tooling on his own to cut down on hold ups, and even to cut costs on productions. The intake designed for Our cars, the Tiburon, is half with Andy, half with the old tooler. Andy has asked me to have my car again so that he can once and for all get us what we want. He is very excited to get the CAI done for the Beta, and for now the BBTBs have been put on hold due to the financial problems that built up over the past year.

I'll be pushing this intake EVERYWHERE and doing everything I can to bring Iceman back. They'll be participating in collaboration with FlyRyde to show up at the show events and take a whole new road with the business.

So look out for Iceman and FlyRyde at the up and coming shows guys, we'll be traveling to tons of shows and possibly even to Your neck of the woods, where ever that may be.

Here are details on the Intake. It should be an air box style intake, with the filter located IN the box, and the air tube routed to a great cold air source. The air box is a great power design as it does not allow the air to heat up due to the high temp resistant injected silicone. The power gain will be THROUGHOUT the powerband, no high peak HP figured quoted as many, if not ALL other manufacturers claim.

Each intake will come with a sexy Iceman battery tray and tie down to relocate the battery slightly (cool bonus). So we'll be using my car for the tooling figures, install, and dyno numbers. Watch out everyone!
Old 03-22-2005, 10:11 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Can you show us one of their airbox style designs?

I'd like to know if it's an upgrade or a downgrade.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I'm guessing its like a CAI except the filter is inline on the piping, as a box like that comes with the stocker. Its coated with that heat resistant silicone stuff or whatever.. bah who knows, its a new one by me. tongue.gif
Old 03-22-2005, 10:48 PM

I'm assuming it's this?

Old 03-24-2005, 01:03 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN)</div><div class='quotemain'>Can you show us one of their airbox style designs?

I'd like to know if it's an upgrade or a downgrade.</div>

I'm pretty sure you can figure out that I would not sell a product that would be a downgrade whatever the hell that is supposed to mean? Iceman products are not known for their ricer factor, these are racing products, and race proven. If you want rice you know i have tons of it elsewhere.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:29 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blacktibs)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you want rice you know i have tons of it elsewhere.</div>

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

My new sig

r1c3r!
Old 03-24-2005, 11:29 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blacktibs)</div><div class='quotemain'>So look out for Iceman and FlyRyde at the up and coming shows guys,</div>

oh I will....

Also, I'm planning on buying one once production is done, in the future...

I don't know if you can answer this yet but, will this intake be using our stock airbox or will it come w/ an iceman airbox (OEM style)?
Old 03-24-2005, 11:56 PM

Chris, I'm not talkin smak bro, I know they make good stuff, I just hate the way those airbox ones look. And I worry about turbulence and air velocity issues.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:34 AM

the system, will not look like that pic, it'll be using nothing stock, not even the battery tray, and keeping in mind that the tiburon crowd is not so huge, looks do play a part in the design, so I dont want to loose out on sales due to an ugly ass box. I'll make sure its a good system and looks match the gains.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:35 PM

keep us informed on this..looking to buy an intake that might be compatible with an Automatic 1997 1.8l