FlyRyde Distribution
Sponsor:   FlyRyde
This forum is to inform members about FlyRyde Distribution, and the items they sell.

Horrible News For Anyone Who Likes Cf. Come Read And Cry.

Old 10-25-2005, 11:00 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lets put it this way. Not too long ago at all, a roll of CF at manufacturer's prices was about 8-900 bux. Its now common to be 3-4000. Its not gonna stop either.

As a matter of fact, its gonna run out for good VERY soon.

Here's my day in a nutshell. Wake up, work, work work. I woke my wife up, and we went down the street to get food. We got the food start coming home, BLAM, pulled over. I was going basically 10 over. He said 58 in a 45. Which isn't bad, except that I was in a little race car.

Southern Cali has been crazy lately with cops after street racers. The whole state is up in arms about it. Anyway, this fool take one look at my car and chalks me up as his enemy. I was SUUUUUUUUPER nice and respectful. Had the license and reg. right away when I openned the door after he tapped on it. He asked me I "race this thing". I started in about how I do speeches in my public speaking classes at college, and how me and my company support RASR. (racers against street racing) He let me get about half way through about RASR and mid sentence I get "Stay in your Vehicle" and he turns to run my plates and check my record.

Then he walks up and start in on inspection. I was sweatin bullets, with a Tenzo R steering wheel, racing seats, gutted rear end, carbon fiber front clip, see through hood, cracked windshield, clear corners, etc.
I guess he felt some compassion, and still acted like a dick, but told me he'd let me go on the inspection part (which was all I ever gave a fvck about in the first place, phweewww). I got a ticket but F-it. Wrong place, wrong time, no biggie.

So then later in the day, I go to Import Trenz, only to find that neither my rep, who I bugged the sh!t out of on the way over there on the phone, nor my second rep, or anyone who knew about FlyRyde.

I had to deal with one of the other reps who basically told me, he could do anything else for me since it was all little stuff, and he could be making parts with 50 piece minimum orders. Basically he did, what every other company did, which is why I came to Import Trenz since they could cater to my needs.

He told me, even though I'm 1500 or so in the hole with the OEM CF fenders, I couldn't get them in CF. I couldn't get any more bumpers in CF, no more hoods, hatches, spoilers, eyelines, ANYTHING. He basically said, You're not sh!t, go home.

So I started freaking out, of course remaing calm and respectful I'm trippin in my head.

I guess he made a call and spoke to one of my reps, Ed, and I guess Ed said something good, caues he came back a whole lot more pleasant. About an hour and half before they closed, I left to run a roll of fabric to a buddies audio shop. I did that, then met Jaws back at Import Trenz. When I got there again, my rep Ed had stopped by. He put me to much better rest, but its still bad new for you guys.

Ed told me, I could still get my CF stuff, and it didn't matter if we made the mold for FG, he can do CF. But the bad part, he's gonna run out of CF soon. So he was really down to make small parts, like the cowl that the first guy SHOT DOWN HARD. He just shook his head. "Too Hard" "Too small" NOt worth it blaw blaw blaw asshole talk. Ed said they will use the left over of parts like when they cut say, 3 splittlers out of one sheet of CF, they'll have some left over thats too small to use for anything but like eyelines. So thos are cool.

OH AND WHOEVER SAID BOTH RDS HAD THE SAME COWL IS AN IDIOT.

I think its funny since I have both about 10 feet from eachother but I never checked. RD2s have a bigger space with no vent, little vents, and the RD1s have big ass vents.

But for CF, you'll get NO VENTS. I'll update that thread.

But Ed told me, even my prices from last week have gone up 60-80 bux a hood.

So no more 500 dollar CF hoods guys. For that matter, nothing CF will be cheap anymore. Look for 700 dollar OEM CF fenders, 1000-1200 dollar hatches, etc.

So anyone who wants CF, you kinda gotta get it now, or forever kiss the idea gbye. Sucks, but it looks like I might be the only person to get the Type S in carbon Fiber 02.gif
Old 10-25-2005, 11:18 PM

Maybe I am misreading your post due to the late hour... and I have seen you are updating every other post about CF pieces on the Flyryde subforum, but what is the main reason CF's prices are skyrocketting? Is it pure demand/offer balance, or does it have something to do with oil prices rise, or whatever?

Also don't worry too much, you have a nice business and FG still weighs a lot less than steel, and it's a lot cheaper than the "lower" CF prices, so people will still buy from you Buddy. wink1.gif
You have too many super nice stuff to let it pass, even if it's not CF.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:24 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

DAMN.
I guess lucky for me I'm not a CF fan, but I know there's LOTS of big CF guys on here, including Chris himself.
I read you were making a disappointing post about CF, but had no idea it was going to be THIS bad. Wow.

what's the reason for all this??
Old 10-25-2005, 11:30 PM

Basically the trade on Aero Space tech. stuff has been haulted I guess. I'm not 100% in the know about this issue, I'll look more into it for you guys, but for the past few months I knew this was coming, just not THIS freakin fast?! So sorry to say, but there's not light at the end of the tunnel yet. Just the hike in prices for now, until there's non left. I'll resort to products made accross seas (china) for as long as I can until things either chill out, or until China runs out too. I have another connection I hit up about this already tonight. So we'll see wont we. And thanks Zman, good words bro.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:46 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Wow, that sucks man.

I was expecting some rate hikes because of fuel stuff, but I haven't heard anything about a CF shortage.

I DO know that the Koreans are now getting bigger into the CF market, and so are a few other countries, so maybe some of it's coming from the fact that they are getting the raw CF.

As for running OUT of CF, that's not gonna happen. Simply put, the way it's made, you get a fiber strand and carbonize it with heat. The material that the strands are made of is very common. I'd personally guess that the issue is twofold.

1. All of the new military stuff with CF reinforcement.

2. All of the new NASA stuff being made.

Give it a bit of time, prices will come back down on it.

As for the Cowlings, I never looked at them THAT close, but I know they fit the same.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:09 AM

I hope you're right man, too bad my suppliers dont carry your optimism. They're freaked out about it. All they know is, they only have 1 or 2 guys that lay CF instead of FG. And they are backed up on projects like 6 months. Thats why the Evo took so damn long. So its alright if I need a couple small things, but hoods and hatches will take time I'm sure, and be pricey. If I didn't have to pay more, you guys wouldn't, so if things level out, then you're fine. But they were VERY adamant, about it running out. I think they just dont want to pay 4, or 5K, for a roll that makes only a certain amount of parts.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:22 AM

That's exactly what it is Chris. It's not running out, they are running out of what they can afford.

The prices will stabilize.

I should be able to kick you $150 for the cowlings soon.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:32 AM

It sucked at first the dude was being all pompous. He flat out said no on the cowls. I started freaking out in my head. Later I was told that the smaller stuff like cowls are not a prob for now. But anyway, about those, I cant offer them with holes/vents. Is that cool guys???
Old 10-26-2005, 10:01 AM

No man, they have to have some sort of vents. That's where the car draws in air for the heater and AC.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:04 AM

Aren't those holes/vents where the ventilation system of the car pulls the air from? If it is, it wouldn't be a good idea not to let those vents in it's place...
(Or am I reading the wrong part here?)