FlyRyde Distribution
Sponsor:   FlyRyde
This forum is to inform members about FlyRyde Distribution, and the items they sell.

GK style RD2 front bumpers

Old 03-05-2007, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Blacktibs, make an ABS one, ABS owns man, I hate fiberglass bodykits, I think they look kinda ghey. Unless they are painted real well, knowing that something can crack easy takes away from it in my mind. ABS FTW, or theres always that other material somebody was expiermenting with, i totally forget what it was called.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:59 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Mine will be FG or CF only. I dont have access to making products out of ABS, its WAAAAAAY more expensive, and frankly you guys couldn't afford to pay my costs on it. I wish I could just get this one right into production! Hey LN, you wanna free set of sides and rear to borrow the bumper? LOL, I already know the answer to that, but oh well. Your car looks sweet now. I have the GTR bumper you used to have, and this is a HUGE step up from that, so congrats again, and its awsome that yours will stand up against abuse. On the flip side, anyone who recks one of my FG bumpers is more than welcome to buy another, lol. They'll be there in case anything ever happens to yours too, God forbid.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:22 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

That's too bad, cause I'll never buy a CF/FG/FRP bumper or fenders.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:33 AM
Banned

i dont know why people hate FG so much.. if you dont cheap out when you get it painted it will not only look right, but hold up to rocks and stuff, since GOOD painters use flex agents and such so it wont chip and pit like cheap painted fiberglass.

if people are worried about bottoming out and cracking the kit, i have a suggestion, learn how to freakin drive..

he split it across the middle 'my idea' to make it wider to it wouldnt look retarded like all the tibs on yijoo where you could see the tires at the bottom of the bumper when you looked at the car from the front, and the ones on yijoo weren't wide enough to look right with the rd.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:24 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Now Chris, If you put these into production, how much lower would the bumper be than stock?
Old 03-06-2007, 12:19 PM

I hate it because I live in NM. I see folks get kits, get very expensive paint jobs, and have them demolished the first time they hit a tumbleweed driving at night. I see them get completely chipped and cracked from the little rocks that bounce off the tires in front of you. I've got a RD1 with a FG kit, that was on it for what, 3 years? It looks horrible. The paint job was professional, and the guys win awards for their work, and I am getting stuff painted by the same place. FG on a rarely driven show car = Fine. FG on a daily pushed hard daily driver = Not Fine.

I don't like FG because I don't want to sink 3 grand into my car for a kit and a good paint job, and have it all lost because some idiot didn't tie something down in his truck, or because some moron wants to bump into my car in a parking lot.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:08 PM
Banned

lol.. redz... if you had an ABS bumper it would be almost as f***ed.. my bumper is still in great condition, and i live in the state with not only the worst roads, but the city with the most potholes and cracks in the expressways.. i have bottomed my car out like a million times, and my bumper still looks damn good for 3 years of a 800$ paintjob done by some crazy polish people.. my bumpers even cracked alot, but still in tact, and looks good..

i am proof that a DD car with FG kit is perfectly fine.. i have like 3 rock chips over the past 3 years, and i have a shitty paint job..
Old 03-06-2007, 01:54 PM

No, a ABS bumper wouldn't be anywhere near the same condition. Case in point, I HAVE A ABS BUMPER, IT IS NOT CRACKED, CHIPPED, OR BROKEN, and it's been through the deserts here for years now, has hit numerous HUGE tumbleweeds at night, and still looks good.

I have a 2004 Sorento that gets driven through the open desert, occasionally bottoms out, hits stuff all the time, and the bumper is pristine.

I had a 1993 Excel, drove that thing off road all the time, got in a few accidents, I treated that car like shit, and the bumpers looked brand new after 186,000 miles, with probably a few hundred tumbleweeds, 2 dogs, a cat, and a skunk that I hit with it.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:39 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I drive with a FG bumper all the time. I've cracked the bumper cause its 2 inches off the ground, and has stress cracks all over the place. My bumper looks like ass and I drive it low everyday, thinking any given moment could result in me running over the bumper on the road as it tears off the front of the car. It never fit right, it still doesn't and its a piece of crap. That's my RD2.

On my RD1 I drove with a Type S bumper for 2 years, never scraped, had the car up a lot more than my RD2, and I'm a great driver, hard or not. The car had a 5000 dollar paint job, and when I took the bumper off the car to mold it, and it ruined the paint job, it was still in perfect condition. Now I sell that bumper for 265 in FG.

My point? You can keep an FG bumper in great shape, or drive like an ass and keep the car low and rip it to crap. Either way, there's nobody who's gonna make a full bumper in anything but FG/CF for a car that is 6 to 10 years old already, and the bumper might sell 20 units EVER. So seriously, as much as we'd all like to drive a Lambo, we dont keep talking about driving Lambo's. As much as we'd like to get an ABS bumper, we're NEVER going to see full replacement ABS bumpers. Everyone just has to let that go, or if its sooooo important, go make it happen yourself and waste 20,000 dollars for production just to sell them for a few hundred each on a handful of orders. If its not important enough for YOU to waste money manufacturing, then please never expect some other guy to waste HIS cash so you can get the ABS bumpers.

Either way, this RD2 bumper is friggin hot, and everyones gonna have a chance to get it, that is unless FG or CF scares them away, lol. [cough]Redz[/cough]
Old 03-06-2007, 06:00 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^^i've been waiting to hear that for a while from you. wink1.gif

im splitting this off...