FlyRyde Distribution
Sponsor:   FlyRyde
This forum is to inform members about FlyRyde Distribution, and the items they sell.

Flyryde Widebody Kit, Rd1 And Rd2.

Old 10-25-2005, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you going to make the flares bigger than those already on the car?

i think it looks tacky with them being small and thin IMHO

carbon fiber fender flares are going to be SICK! I've seen them on a couple of cars but they didnt look good because they didnt have a lot of cf. but since you're practically making everything in cf its going to look awesome.

have you decided on making extra pieces to add to the bumpers or full replacement bumpers?

and if you're going to make full replacement bumpers, can you ALSO make the add on pieces for people who dont want to get rid of they're current bumper?
Old 10-25-2005, 11:15 PM

Vehicle: tiburon 1998

I agree on both of the points ^^.

All the buty of the flares on the first post is their size. (kinda like teamprototype.com ), but smoothed in, and continue to the bumpers.

carbon flares..... So HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! I saw a couple of show cars, with the flares fitted , leaving them unpainted around the flare. Damnnnnn!!!!

Making add-on version might require custom, more expensive instalation, but will allow shipping...
Don't know....

AS for the lowering point, with these babys, you'll be able to drop it more, if your coilovers allow it.
By that you'll gain the extra inch of drop.
Most of the coils allow 50mm drop, and the new ones on KSPEC say 60mm.
It will look better being lower by drop, rather then by the lip. IMO anyway.

And once again, I think there is nothing better than the KING rear, even for this wide-ass purpose fing02.gif

Old 10-25-2005, 11:23 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

the widebody kit in Full CF would run about 3K right now. In a few months, maybe 4K. Prices just shot up on CF for me, so its not lookin good guys, not at all. Unless it was an order placed in the next week, I couldn't even honor the request. So to be honest, lets just forget about CF for good, or at least until CF is available again if ever down the road.

But Yeah guys, I'm gonna do some crazy chops of the 2nd gen kit, cause I gotta start my new project, hehe. I'm going all riced out with CF and bright orange paint on the widebody kit. I'll have to pay a grip for my CF though, so I gotta do it soon. But as of today...

This kit is in its production phase, woo hoooo, that was quick huh? Import Trenz already has about 10 pics of the kit, and I have the OK on it.

So I'll confirm, that we'll have a front bumper (with the flare piece only if need be), the fenders, side skirts, a rear flare, and a new rear bumper with flares.

I think it'll be 1199 for the full 8 Piece kit. I'll accept deposites now though. Anything from 200-1200 through paypal, and next week through any Credit Card. Finally got my merchant account with BofA. The bastards finally let me get it.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:33 PM

No need for full CF.
You can have them overlayd with CF, only arrond the flare, like pictured above:
Them , after molding it, you paint the rest to mack the rest of the car, leaving the CF trace.

Oh yes, Please make it with the flare on the front bumper. That what makes it look better than just slapping on some flares.
And use the F2evo ( I mean TypeR) for the rd1 front....

Sucks about the CF issue....
I think you can worh it out by buying the Roll cheaper from a big manufacturer, or even ImperTrenz themselves:

Tell them that next time they order CF, to order an extra roll or two for you only.
They buy it cheaper. believe me.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:40 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Oh no man, I cant even order a roll. Basically, neither can they. Thats the prob. THE WHOLE INDUSTRY is running out of CF. Dont matter who you are. Even VIS prices are shooting up. Its a thing of the past to get hoods for 299 for a Civic. But people have stocked up parts. So they'll still be around, they'll just go up in price, or be liquidated now and then.

Good advice on the WB kit though.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:53 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Chris, you probably already have side-skirts in mind but if you don't, may I suggest you use the GT-Tech side-skirts as the basis for the widebody kit... I think they look very similar to the "Racing Pit" ones.

Sorry about all the pics but it might be easier to just make a mold of those skirts as they are still commercially available fing02.gif
Old 10-26-2005, 12:47 AM

Me like! and they are still for sale. GTWING.co.kr they ship out also.

I prefer trying to make the "gills" up front, like on the first post.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:12 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Chris, ever think of polyurethane lips (and fender flares I guess).

I dunno the price on that material but with the way CF prices are going up it looks like it's FG or bust. sad.gif

I have never seen a FG lip kit on a friend's car last more than 1 year...it alwasy gets scraped on some grocry store entrance and cracks or most of the time just snaps.

I have ALSO seen Cf lip kits snap on impact from scapage...

I knwo carbon fiber is uber-stong and light and all...but it's not THAT flexible and it's friggin $1billion dollars a square inch.

Polyurethane bends, A LOT! and is the perfect choice for lip kist that will be low to the ground...and I know these kits are gonna be scrapin cuz people are gonna get 18" rims and drop their cars 2-2.5" with these new fender flares (cuz they CAN).
Old 10-26-2005, 09:18 PM

im still down for FG.

i'd only want the fender flares, add on pieces for bumpers, and maybe side skirts.

yeah it sucks about CF. good thing i have a roll for my car.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:14 PM

Vehicle: 2000 carbon tiburon

I like it if i didnt have the kit that i have id do this one.... But i do have a customer that is interested in this kit hail.gif