FlyRyde Distribution
Sponsor:   FlyRyde
This forum is to inform members about FlyRyde Distribution, and the items they sell.

Flyryde Widebody Kit, Rd1 And Rd2.

Old 10-23-2005, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Hey Chris,

I know you've got a ton of stuff on at the moment with various parts, kits & widebody options... Nevertheless, I'd like to put forward an idea I have for a sweet FlyRyde lip/flare kit.

I'm not sure what it's called so I'm just going to call it the "Racing Pit" kit (as it's plastered all over every car I've seen wearing this kit). Here are a few pics to give you an idea of which one I'm on about:

On an RD2

(I have a few more pics from different angles if you need them)

Why am I keen on this lip/flare kit?

1. Looks bloody fantastic, IMO.
2. Retains stock bumpers.
3. Smaller pieces would make shipping this kit easier & cheaper (I think).

My reckoning is that the kit would comprise of a front lip, four wheel arch/ fender flares, replacement side-skirts & either rear pods or even just an extension of the rear flares (The rear could maybe sit a little lower too).

Anyway, it's just an idea. What do you think?
Old 10-23-2005, 06:33 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

actually that's an f2 front with a lip to continue the "racing pit" flare...

and it's f***in hott!!!!! I agree this would be a NICE compromise for those who do not want to replace front/rear bumpers.

maybe a shot from the back with the whole lip continued? or does it stop half way symmetrically?

I dunno, we could do whatever the hell we wanted, I'd much rather do this than buy a new front/rear/skirts, ESPECIALLY if we could do it all for under/about the same as a complete body kit from flyryde.

very GOOD idea, OZ!! fing02.gif I likes

and keep? or continue the flare into the lip?

...just ideas.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:39 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Ok, I'll go with this design. Its exactly what I've wanted to do in the past. I even made a chop of a widebody kit a while back in red that had a similar look. The WRC stuff seems like it wont sell as it would be too much, but how would you guys like to get a kit like this one pictured for about 8-900 bux?

I could soooo easily do this kit. Not THIS kit but a FlyRyde kit thats just a tad bit nicer, a better rear for sure.

Now the only question, is do I make this kit with a lip from the Type R front, or the Stock US spec??
Old 10-23-2005, 06:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I like it a lot! Would be great if we'd be able to get this. fing02.gif
Old 10-23-2005, 06:43 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

the Studie (:cough: Type-R) already has a lip sorta...dunno if you could make it work with this flare....

maybe, anything's possible.

I'd say make it with the OEM/F2 bumper since that way the buyers will have a choice of using stock bumper and moldng lip or buying f2 from you and molding it to that....

I'd have to see a pic of the studie (dammit, Type-R) and this "racing pit" kit to see what's up...

personally Studie says, "back the fvck off, this car is mean as hell.....fear me"

the pics above have more of a professional racing touch.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:43 PM

I just looked at it again, and I'll do a full front bumper. That way the flare looks right and not like a sloppy add on.

Dont you think it'd be better to have a replacement fender with the flare, to save on molding costs rom a shop?

If you look, their whole rear quarter panel has been added on to. Look at the dimples just below the body line. You can tell its a big replacement panel. I'd just do a rear flare and matching rear lip. Hows that?

Figure:

Bumper
Fenders
SideSkirts
Rear Flares
Rear Lip

So a 8 piece kit.

The only part to be made uniqe for the RD2 is the front bumper and rear lip.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:04 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

^ Hmmm... Me being selfish & all, the point was to make it cheaper to ship across to Australia.

Well, whatever you do, it'd make a nice addition to the available range of kits for RDs fing02.gif

BTW, Patreezy, I'm pretty sure the front bumper is the stocker & not the F2 bumper; The F2 bumper has a differently shaped intake. Those vents at the bottom of the fender (between the fender & the skirt) are one of the little things I like about that kit too... Why would you want to dumb-down the "racecar" looks?
Old 10-23-2005, 08:48 PM

^^^^ yeah its the stock bumper.

i like the fender flares but i think they should be a little bigger/thicker.

id say it would look good with a new bumper or just add on pieces to the current bumpers your selling. like two side pieces you can add on any bumper you have.

how would it work for you and i blktibs? with the vents already molded in the car?
Old 10-23-2005, 08:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Haven't really liked too many kits for the RD2, but this one actually tempts me.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:04 PM

Then buy it^

And Pat, you dork, the Type R is the stocker from Korea/ F2 UK. While the TYPE S is my flyryde studie.

I just want to get this rollin, cause I have an RD2 that needs a widebody BAD and this is the one I choose.

So I'm stoked probably more than you guys, lol.