FlyRyde Distribution
Sponsor:   FlyRyde
This forum is to inform members about FlyRyde Distribution, and the items they sell.

Flyryde F2 Rally Car Wbf Option

Old 10-17-2005, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

I think the wheel wells need to actually be filled in.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:06 AM

Vehicle: tiburon 1998

Or simply lower it 60 mm. (or ~2.5 inch)
Old 10-17-2005, 01:08 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Also, it would make it look so much better if it was an RD1..

I think a mod should split this, we totally ruined Aviv's thread.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:31 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

I don't mean to be negative or anything but the WRC fenders would look ridiculous on a street car IMHO. I reckon they (both front & rear together) totally mess up the Coupe's lines too... Makes that red RD2 look like the Celica from the same era.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:05 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

holy shit i want...PM me with price.. mybe we can work something out fing02.gif

a kit lie the red one, just think what it would look like on my ride

ahhh boner

laugh.gif
Old 10-17-2005, 06:09 AM

Ugh!

No one said anything about mimicing the look of the rally car exactly. Any fool would realize that it is near impossible to do without thousands of $$.

The purpose of this thread was to identify/ generate interest for flared wb fenders, a mild departure from the regular Z3 look. If you look at a Nissan Z/ 2006 Miata, you'll get my point.

It's not hard to do, and will look nice on the tib.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:33 AM

Chris has a VEEEERY competent body shop from his descriptions. I don't think making them a lil wider will be a problem, we just need wbf customers.

Please post here if you are interested. Opinions are welcome but in another thread.

Thanks guys.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:15 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

even if chris makes them, how silly would they look without the rear to match? for the rear body fender they would have to be pointlessly molded into the body.

zoned, agreed, would look devlish on RD1. especially in red. i'd like to take my future girlfriend for a spin in that. the wheelbase was most definitely widened like the rally car. if he spend thousands of dollars getting that done, he must have at least had quite a welding job done.

i think the fenders looking close to that, by themselves would look very goofy on our "government regulated" tiburons. if you had to make them wider, the bumper would have to be made to go with it. needless to say, our cars are totally govenrment regulated. our lights look far from each other because the car is small. knowing what i know about rallying, the headlamps look sooo sexy looking close together with the fenders sticking out like that. that means the car is totally not standardized by the government and a wildside has been unleashed! hail.gif That's why i'm in love with that car, if chris could build a bodykit and molding to look like the rally car i would work my ass off for it.

you can see what the issues are with this picture just by looking at it. no wheel axel! aah!
Old 10-18-2005, 03:11 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

why dont I just make a 5 piece widebody kit guys? I know theres a lot of emotion in this thread, but its just a kit. I could do it no prob?

Just a wide ass version of the evo, it'd be the evo I have now, which would be renamed the Type R. Then the Evo would pertain to the widebody front bumper, extended near the headlights, and matched to WBF.

The 2nd piece would be the WBF which would look just like the one above, then some nice widebody sideskirts, and a widebody rear end. I could do RD1 and RD2 with just the front and rear bumper different, but the other 3 parts the same.

Rear fender will be included, so you can cut the rear metal well above where it is now.

Front
WBF (front)
Sides
WBF (rear)
Rear

Like that, I'll price it out right now too.

Front 300
Rear 300
Sides 300
WBF (front and rear) 400.

Hows that? Shall I start a buy? RD1 or 2 first?