FlyRyde Distribution
Sponsor:   FlyRyde
This forum is to inform members about FlyRyde Distribution, and the items they sell.

Fly Ryde Distribution

Old 10-15-2009, 09:17 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started Fly Ryde Distribution over 5 years ago. I originally found the car forums from a Korean friend of mine in Highschool. When I finally decided to put some money into the car, it was a stock 97 fx, with its second dying Auto Tranny. Because of the forums, and the awesome members (Random, Jaws021, Spiffywerks, and Sonic) that drove to my house for no reason save a willingness to help, I was able to do an automatic to manual tranny swap as my first performance mod to a car. After that, I wanted to contribute to the community just as those members did for me, and I started to look for companies who would make us Tiburon Specific parts. At this point, it was 2003, and the GK had just come out. Nobody made us parts. I found that in my own city, there was an intake company, Iceman Intakes, and I approached them about making us a good Cold Air Intake. After dealing with them and letting them use my car, the owner mentioned to me that I could make some good money if I got into the retail side of his industry. At that point, I knew what I wanted to do with my future!

Not long after, I was sitting in the car with my wife (then girlfriend) out in front of her house one night. We were talking about names for the company I wanted to start. After some back and forth, she said hey what about Fly Ride? And just like that FlyRyde.com (Fly Ryde Distribution) was born. As a side note the owner of FlyRide.com wanted 1200 bucks for the domain at the time, lol. I took that name, registered it with my County Clerks office, ran it in the papers for 4 consecutive weeks to make it legally my undisputed business name, grabbed a resale license and applied for my business license with the city, and there it was, my first legit company. I was 20.

In the past 5 years, I have experienced lots of highs and lows, and learned a tremendous amount about people, business, and my passions in life. I became a married man, then years later a father, and I guess you can say I learned some clown skills along the way (juggling 1000 things at once). I made mistakes, and I made successful decisions, friends and enemies, and the list goes on. I was responsible for a ton of legwork out here in California, getting companies to work with me on projects to bring the community new parts, and a lot of new options for their Hyundai. So far I think the list of available products that I brought to fruition include:

RD1 & RD2 Evo Hoods in FG/CF
RD1 Type S & Type R front bumpers
RD1 and GK Front and Rear Eyelids in FG/CF
GK Carbon Fiber Hatch
GK Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser
RD1/RD2 and GK Vertical Doors
Equal Length Betal Headers

There's a huge list of parts that were either made and discontinued, almost made, or test fit and never put into final production, like 2.5" exhaust systems, Angel Eyes and interior lighting, Traction Bars, shifter bushings, CAIs, Coilovers, Hoods, bodykits, and various other body parts. I've been committed to expanding our small little group, and even when times were at their worst, I could never force myself to leave this group of people, or the Hyundai scene in general. Currently I have my site taking orders, and shipping products as quick as can possibly be managed. I'm no longer developing parts for the Tiburon, but I am developing my software engineering company further than ever before. I expect to be boasting a few hundred thousand products, with a very cool user interface on my website over the next 2 months.

As for the future, I'll still be here, helping you guys with things like industry sponsorships, Q&A, and all of the products I currently have available. I have some serious experience in the industry at this point, and if ANY of you have questions regarding business in general, and what it takes to get involved in the industry like I did, please hit me up. Hopefully I can help now more than ever before, and helping you guys is only going to help me at this point, so holla atcha boy!
Old 10-15-2009, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I want to state that I support FlyRyde, and I really hope it does well.

Chris has put an unbelievable amount of time and dedication into the Hyundai scene, put his own money up front to make products, and never abandoned his customers when things got tough. He came through and worked things out, and has proven his dedication to Hyundai and the RDs.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:32 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^Fully agree. The last few things I have ordered from Chris have been absolutely perfect and this shipping time is amazing. Will definitely support Chris and Flyryde anytime I can. Looking forward to next Spring to fully reveal the car completed at the track and shows. Quite a few Flyryde parts are a huge part of the car.