Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   FlyRyde Distribution (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/flyryde-distribution-92/)
-   -   Fiberglass Rd2 Evo Hood Group Buy (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/flyryde-distribution-92/fiberglass-rd2-evo-hood-group-buy-37913/)

JonGTR 08-11-2006 10:28 AM

Well, I want one cause it's functional, simple, and not ugly. The vent sits nicely over the exhaust/turbo, and it vents WELL.
Now the question is, would you be willing to buy one if we started a GB asking for approx $400?
Remember, this is for the RD2!!! I believe the RD1's already had their chance.

Thanks for the pic Jaws021 wink1.gif
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...18_91_full.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...k/e81e4411.jpg

Definates:

1. JonGTR (payment sent)
2. peter (payment sent)
3. Romeo007 (payment sent)
4. Maverick (payment sent)
5. Mister_Sinister (payment sent)
6. Djalkyd ???

SOCKS_old 08-11-2006 10:34 AM

for CF? or FG?

if CF.. hell focking yeah.. if FG. no, lol..

peter_2150 08-11-2006 10:39 AM

CF yes Glass mabe.

BlackTibby00 08-11-2006 10:39 AM

It would be tempting.

REDZMAN 08-11-2006 10:43 AM

Who says it isn't ugly?

Hell no.

Tibracer33 08-11-2006 11:01 AM

I might be in for that.

JonGTR 08-11-2006 11:04 AM

Guys, the "mights" won't get the GB started. We will eventually need the "money in hand". So we can only count the "definates".
This can be started whenever, so if you want it and honestly think you can pay for it in the next few months, then let us know.

SOCKS_old 08-11-2006 11:06 AM

well if it can be 400.. max 450 for CF. i will be in.. i have someone who wants to buy my hood now...

peter_2150 08-11-2006 11:14 AM

I am the same with SOCKS. If CF I got money right now to start it.

Mister_Sinister 08-11-2006 11:16 AM

I'd need to see what it looks like on an RD2 hood. If it looks good I'll be a definite.

Who will be making these? What will the quality be like (rolled edges, UV protection, latches)?

faithofadragon 08-11-2006 11:17 AM

chris and you thought there wouldnt be much demand...

lets get this done i dont wanna see socks with that nasty ass scoote hood!!

SOCKS_old 08-11-2006 11:22 AM

wow.. so far.. pending CF and pricing looks like

1. JonGTR
2. Socks (pending $$$)
3. peter (pending CF)

chris, u know u wanna get one for ur rd2 and scrap the other one.. lol

JonGTR 08-11-2006 11:26 AM

I've got the cash next week. And although I want FG, I'll take CF just to make this easy. I can always paint it. fing02.gif So yes, it will be CARBON FIBER.

And I believe Chris' hoods have all been great quality. I haven't heard any complaints.

PS. The Batman hood is the representation of ugly. Makes me cringe.

supercow 08-11-2006 03:11 PM

I've always liked that hood, I'm going to be needing a hood but not till next year. (spring) Already sunk too much in with the turbo this summer.

so you can add me on the list if this goes till next year.

edit: hehe, I just realized I'm going to be east coast rd2 jaws if I do that. I'll be putting on my turby sideskirts at the same time.

c_dawg_ 08-11-2006 03:27 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mister_Sinister @ Aug 11 2006, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'd need to see what it looks like on an RD2 hood. If it looks good I'll be a definite.

Who will be making these? What will the quality be like (rolled edges, UV protection, latches)?</div>

I agree. It would be nice to see a pic of what the hood would look like on an RD2. I really like the hood on the RD1's, though.. probably one of my favorites as far as that goes.

Mister_Sinister 08-11-2006 03:35 PM

Dude, get one anyways, with out seeing it. It can't possibly look any worse than your current hood! lmao.gif

Ericy321 08-11-2006 04:29 PM

lol owned.gif

djalkyd 08-11-2006 05:45 PM

i am down for one to. give me a heads up in advance of when you need the money send to get the gb going.

HyundaiKitCoupe 08-11-2006 11:00 PM

damn i can laugh at you guys 'cuz i got an rd1 one! muhahaha.must admit chris' fitment is perfect. i would like to see this on an rd2. i'm not buying one though. i'm just telling you guys it's worth it.

mb499 08-13-2006 02:41 PM

I'd prefer the scoot 1 in CF but if that falls through Id be up for a cheap Evo hood.

JonGTR 08-14-2006 06:30 AM

I don't think Chris has ever made this hood before for the RD2. But if someone has any Photoshop skills, maybe we could help a few of these people to make up their minds.

Chris said he needed at least 5 people, and we have 4 already. So once we get there, then the order will go through pending payments.

romeo007 08-14-2006 04:57 PM

i am in, and i also know john.

pbdude23 08-14-2006 10:53 PM

i would be intersted, can we get some kind of price for shipping?

romeo007 08-15-2006 05:03 PM

i believe jon is working on that. he sent an pm to black tib.

Ericy321 08-15-2006 05:08 PM

figure around $100 for shipping I believe. Im pretty sure Chris has a pretty good connection for shipping, even internationally so none of you out of the US guys need to worry about getting raped on shipping

'treezy 08-15-2006 05:13 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if ti was less than $100, the carbon fiber hoods are EXTREMELY light for such a massive car piece...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ("JonGTR")</div><div class='quotemain'>And I believe Chris' hoods have all been great quality. I haven't heard any complaints.</div>
Ask Chris where these are being made and if they will be done with rolled edges? It's a small task that makes for a better hood in the long run. I was sort of pissed that my RD1 hood wasn't, claimed to be the pre-production phase of the hood so it was cheaper even though I paid what you guys are going to. =P

And why are you being his b*tch? LOL

romeo007 08-15-2006 09:23 PM

lol that is funny me being his b**** lol yea right i talk to him and that is what he told me and i did not see that he post so i post for him. come on now i though that is what friends are for to help each other out. his b**** lol lmao.gif

OzFxCoupe 08-15-2006 09:32 PM

^ Pat's just sour because he used to be Chris' b**** wink1.gif

romeo007 08-15-2006 09:41 PM

lol o i though he was talk about jon, i don't even know chris

JonGTR 08-16-2006 05:49 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patreezy @ Aug 15 2006, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>And why are you being his b*tch? LOL</div>
Chris didn't think there was any interest from the RD2 members to even get this started. Well, I want the hood and decided to prove him wrong.

B!tch!!!

Chris mentioned in the traction bar thread that he was making a trip to Canada. So we may have to wait til he gets back. sad.gif

FlyRyde 08-17-2006 12:21 PM

Greetings from Canadia Land!

So check it out, any new products for the tibs, are not going to rolled edges, rediculous high high end products. You guys cant afford what guys rollin in M3s can afford, its that simple. So no, in no way is it an easy request to have them make an A quality hood into a AAA quality hood.

If I can get enough carbon for a few hoods, then the price will likely be around 700. Nobody believes me that they'll never see new CF hood design going for 450ish. Those days are gone. So go with FG guys, remember the days when cars matched all the way around, and not everyone had a big black section on the front of their car cause CF is so cool, lol. If you cant afford the price of carbon, then dont buy it. Its very easy to grasp that I think. FG is waaaaay F-in cheaper. But here is the absolute truth of it. If in the history of Hyundais, it was possible to get 25 individuals to send in 450 dollars + S/H (~100) for a car that was only produced for 2 years tired.gif then, and ONLY THEN would I make a hood so damn cheap, and so nice that we could get our rolled edges and double sided carbon, blaw blaw blaw, built in China, etc, etc.

We cant do that, everone agree? If we could, it'd be done already. SO back to reality, if you guys want this hood, I need to both pay for the mold with the initial cash, AND make a profit. Those two things are nearly impossible for the RD guys to make happen. Its not a bad thing, its just the way this market works. I have lots of debt from acting like, "oh, the sales will come in, they'll pay for my costs later". LOL, sure, later, right. I think you guys get the point.

And on top of everything else, I'm not about to sit and do photochops and start new threads begging people to like my designs and fork out way too much cash for a part they may or may not desire. So Jon put up a thread, cause HE wanted a hood, and wanted to show me others did too. Nobody is the b!tch here, we're just working together, or not at all.

Also, if I have Import Trenz make these, they claim to charge me 150 bucks for shipping, and then toss in a charge for the hood box, and labor, and some other BS, so it comes out to around 180. So if I had planned to make even only 50 dollars profit from that hood, it now made me 20 bucks. AND you guys would have already paid for my mold meaning the price you paid would be as low as I could possibly get it to make the mere 50 bucks. SO once everything is said and done, 5 guys have hoods, I make 100 bucks, and the Hyundai community has a great new product. YAAAAAAAAAY tired.gif I think I'll pick up these hoods and have another company ship them, such as GTP or VIS who only charges 99 dollars to ship. I.T. just likes to gouge me for rediculous amounts of cash.

To put things in context, I make more than that for ONE set of angel eyes. It also takes me less than an hour to make a set now (not cause its easy, but cuz teh MAd SKilLz yO). I just want you all to realize I dont work magic or something, I do business, which is impossibly hard to come out of on top, and thats why I haven't spit out 10 more products like scheduled last year from a much less experienced, over ambitious Chris. I just sweatin bullets trying to get the products from last year finished, fully funded by new profits, as everything from last year got sucked away into every new part I produced. Prices have been creeping higher and higher for my costs, and I haven't raised prices for you guys, so lots of parts were paid for out of my own wallet just so I didn't have to ask for more $$$ from you guys.

Those days are long gone now, and if I cant make a reasonable profit AND keep everyone happy, I'm flat out not interested. I just wrote all this crap so you guys can try to see through my eyes a bit, when it comes to making even a common type hood like the EVO. Everything is half the work and trouble for FG. SO think about that, and we'll see how this thread continues.

SOCKS_old 08-17-2006 12:41 PM

i understand ya bro.. 110%.. i was just kinda throwing something out there... one of those 'hopeless dreams' lol

c'mon the black CF hood look is mad tyte.. lol

if i contemplate anymore on this two tone idea, then ill still be up for FG EVO hood, but if not, imma back out of this.. i have a vented CF hood already, and theres no way, for just a diff style id want to take a hit like that.

chris, even tho it might suxors for us RD guys, business is business, and you need to make the green.

at least FG is still cheap, woot.. so body kits, fenders etc. will be semi resonable to sell, and have buyers..

JonGTR 08-17-2006 12:48 PM

Myself and Romeo are still in this. We both wanted FG in the first place but were willing to make the sacrifice for others. We don't care for the mismatch color and planned to paint the hoods either way.

So, we still have 2 in this. fing02.gif

peter_2150 08-17-2006 12:50 PM

As long as there is still people that want the FG one then I will still be in. BTW could you send me a up date about my doors?? Thanks

JonGTR 08-17-2006 12:52 PM

That's 3. We just need you Socks, and DJ or one other. cool.gif

Come on guys. CF is overated. FG is just as light.

SOCKS_old 08-17-2006 12:54 PM

i could care less if its FG or not, i just like the dark look of the CF with my car.. yes im a ricer lol.. kinda.. and the FG if i painted black, i could just imagine the comments.. uggghhh.

will think about it.

peter_2150 08-17-2006 12:57 PM

A black with a blue flake might look realy good

JonGTR 08-17-2006 12:59 PM

Get one of those CF sheets. wink1.gif

List updated.

Definates:

1. JonGTR (still in for FG)
2. Socks (is hurting his head thinking about it)
3. peter (still in for FG)
4. Djalkyd
5. Romeo007 (still in for FG)
6. ???

SOCKS_old 08-17-2006 01:08 PM

ill think about it for a week or so, if i get this new job and can afford to go with the two tone, or something kool with the hood, ill do it..

romeo007 08-17-2006 07:10 PM

come on bro you can do it. lol it is not that bad just think about when you tell some one to life up your hood and it is hella lit they are going to be like wtf? so get it bro!