FlyRyde Distribution
Sponsor:   FlyRyde
This forum is to inform members about FlyRyde Distribution, and the items they sell.

F2 Bumper... Possible?

Old 04-09-2005, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: tiburon 1998

Hallo,
I was wondering, since you seem to make auto-wishes come true,
Can you get a hold of an F2 bumper, and copy it for us, the mob?
I believe there is a demand for it...

Maybe Jaws might help you? (Please....)

The second q' is weather it's possible to do it in carbon, since you have that new connection with GTP.

Thanks, Sasha.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:44 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

You mean an F2 EVO Bumper? Those would be nice copied in CF... Big money, lost of people want one.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i dont think jaws would ever let that happened after what he went through to get it over here. he wants to keep the uniqueness factor too.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:31 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01 @ Apr 9 2005, 08:01 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>i dont think jaws would ever let that happened after what he went through to get it over here. he wants to keep the uniqueness factor too.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>
Ive been asked before by an unnamed company... and i laughed..

It would take a lot of convincing on chris' side to get me to let go of that bumper..

Theres three reasons why...

1) It was a gift... so i would be profiting from a gift... i would have to talk to the person that bought it for me and see what they think...

2) The PITA factor... shipping it to the US.. me paying to get it off the dam boat.. them having to pay the temp storage fees... and i even had to pay to pick the POS up myself..

3) The unique factor... im the only one in the US with it... I wanted that bumper SOOOO bad when i started modding my car (back when i had the weapon R intake). At the time.. i didnt care for body kits (i still dont) but i just loved that bumper...

Although i do have my old OEM bumper at my dads.. i dont EVER plan on using it again...

Also to note... not only will the bumper need to be copied.. people will start b!tching about the OEM EUro license plate
They will either want it to be shaped for a US one or none at all...

Either way...
Chances of me letting go of that bumper are minimal... especially considering i just got my car running and im having a blast tuning and driving it..
Old 04-09-2005, 05:21 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I dont want Jaws to have to mess with this. And to make things plain and simple, I'll do it, but under certain guidelines.

1) I dont put out the 1000 + bux it costs to get here. Almost every hyundai guys I've talked to, likes to say things are worth the initial investment. Do you guys realize I'm still in the hole with the whole EVO hood thing. Keep in mind I bought the Zefiro hood myself. And the demand for it, is almost non existant. I'm not saying since its not catching on right away I'm dissing it, but its not what one would have thought it to be back before I started the investment.

So thats it, I'll do it, in fiberglass and carbon fiber, we just need to get one to FlyRyde, and I'll take the money donated for the initial purchase to the price of the final item. 10 guys want to throw in 100 bux, I'm down to take care of the paperwork side of things. I'll give those 10 guys 100 bux off the bumper each.

Then I'll have them available to anyone, and even in Carbon Fiber.

Thats all. I have only that 1 guideline to go by. So if the mob wants it, the mob gets it.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:08 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

um jaws your not the only one in the us with it

both me and redz have seen one here in abq
Old 04-09-2005, 06:23 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

And HKC has it too. He just got it last month.

And in all reality, if the hood thing didn't go over well, then how well do you think just a bumper will go through. Not worth it man IMO. Stay away.

Gasha, I say you log on to UKHCC.com and see if they can get you an F2 bumper. Contacting someone in North America for that bumper, is like asking a Jamaican to make you snowshoes.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:50 PM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX

this guy has almost anything you want for an EVO

http://p205.ezboard.com/fukhcsmessageboard...picID=766.topic
Old 04-09-2005, 07:20 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (faithofadragon @ Apr 9 2005, 06:08 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>um jaws your not the only one in the us with it

both me and redz have seen one here in abq

Who?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (silvertibbs @ Apr 9 2005, 06:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>And HKC has it too. He just got it last month.

And in all reality, if the hood thing didn't go over well, then how well do you think just a bumper will go through. Not worth it man IMO. Stay away.<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

Yeah, he went thru some drama to get it, but it does look good.

As for the hood. I've always said I don't like that hood design. Looks too much like the other hoods you see on all the other import cars.

CADAMURO!
Old 04-09-2005, 07:44 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gsasha1 @ Apr 9 2005, 09:49 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hallo,
I was wondering, since you seem to make auto-wishes come true,
Can you get a hold of an F2 bumper, and copy it for us, the mob?
I believe there is a demand for it...

Maybe Jaws might help you? (Please....)

The second q' is weather it's possible to do it in carbon, since you have that new connection with GTP.

Thanks, Sasha.

Try this for size http://www.zyworld.com/hyamsy/gen1bodykit4.htm , and there is a few more UK links aroud nthe net , there is a palce in germany thats got thos bumpers , but i lie kthis one for the first gen