FlyRyde Distribution
Sponsor:   FlyRyde
This forum is to inform members about FlyRyde Distribution, and the items they sell.

Carbon Fiber Shark Wing

Old 10-24-2005, 01:34 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Click Pic ^ for Larger View

Prices soon... you guys know the drill. RD1 comes with center post. RD2 comes without center post. Drilling will be required in your hatch. Even if its a Carbon Fiber FlyRyde hatch.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

man i really want this, but i gotta make sure i can pay for my tuition payments first.

i will make some use out of this post with a couple questions i think will be asked...

1. brake light?
2. does it come with gaskets?

oooo...

3. possible trunk template for drilling holes?

your photoshop skills are b****in as well. cool.gif
Old 10-24-2005, 01:54 PM

Thanks dude, I snapped those pics like 20 minutes ago. Glad you like.

Ok, I'll be honest, I dont know anything about a gasket? Wouldn't that be pretty hard to get? Unless we could get some from a dealership somewhere. And as for the light, yeah dude, it'll be a direct copy of the Shark Spoiler with the light removed. It should look sick on an RD2 later.

Now the template we, or one of you guys can do, for sure. Thats just a plus so I dont see any downside to it. Thanks man.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:58 PM

Vehicle: 2001 tiburon/2000 tiburon

man is that a actual pic of the actual prodect.. and will the cf hatches be predrilled? and will there be a deal for the cf hatch and trunk. also the gasket goes between the wing and hatch and i am shure its included.. also when the widebody fenders commin.. not like i have money today..I am almost done with my nursery and sellin my girls house so money will be comming soon...cant wait..Hope flyryde never dissapers your shit is awsome...chris
Old 10-24-2005, 01:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

gasket wouldnt be hard at all. if it comes down to it, you could tell people to go buy some black exterior gasket maker in a tube from an auto parts store. i have a tube, and it will work fine.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:03 PM

Thanks Chris. Check the CF Race Hatch thread now posted. Basically, the two just look nice together, but there is no real (and I hate to sound so stuck up businessman) reason for me to offer the two together for a discounted price. That wont help get things started any, so I'll have to say no on that for now. But again, they do look nice together. And no thats not them. Not quite yet, but I have a shark wing boxed up (thanks to our friend Zoned) and an OEM no wiper hatch (thanks to my old parts car) both of which are ready to be put into the molding process. So its all up to 3 people for each to pay in full, or about 5 or 6 people to put down 200 dollar deposites. Again, I cant say a price for the shark wings yet in CF, but I'll have that info today. I love Mondays, seems like my whole world opens back up after the long weekend. I'm a work junkie, lol.

Ok good idea on the gasket maker. And the fenders were waiting on me to spray a sh!tload of expanding foam into the backs of the OEM fenders that I have in metal, which are the basis for the vertical doors compliant fenders (every fender I make). So until these were completely reinforced, by me getting down and basically spraying superglue coated foam (oh yes my skin is pissed where it touched me) in the backs of the fenders. I had to pull the wheel, the fender liner, the fenders, and then slap on the VDI compliant perfect fitting fenders, and spray the crap out of em. I'll post pics later. But basically what kept happening is the super flexy fenders would kinda flex out of place when they tried to mold them. Now they can at least get the front side which you see of the fender, molded in its exact shape it needs to be in. Then they'll go through and remove the foam shtuff, and have a perfect fitting OEM fender, which we will use for EVERY fender we make for the RDs. That means no matter what, we'll only ever add cool parts, vents, flares, etc, to 100% bolt on fenders so we get perfect fitment on all fenders, at all times.

Put it this way, these stupid ass fenders have cost me over 1500 bux of cash I didn't have, to get made, and they never came out right. So I did the last, and only thing I could do to ensure my fenders kick ass. And now they will. If you ever had the chance to see my car around town with the prototype CF fenders we made way back. They look cool from not that far away, but get right up close and you'll see why I b**** about em being so sh!tty all the time. But since I have the OEMs prepped for molding now, I'll have a set of nice widebody CF vented fenders, with my new Type S bumper in CF, and a new hood to match. Then the CF hatch, a big ass ugly drag GT-Wing, and about 500whp later. And my drag car will be done. Yay.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:22 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

ah i want to get rid of the extra weight my shark spoiler is putting out right now and get this CF wing!! i'll be it weighs like less than 5 pounds or something.

folks, you can get the brake light and gaskets from the dealership.

if you name a price and weight of it, i will see if it's worth replacing the plastic shark spoiler.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:51 PM

I'm definately interested in this wing. I would probably want a fiberglass one so I can paint red to match. I just purchased a red fiberglass hood for my car and getting a red wing will go nicely

How much for it? It might have been posted above but I am in somewhat of a rush right now and I was just sort of skimming through it, haha. Just lemme know.. peace.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:00 PM

Wow... amazing job man... The little ricer inside of me wants lots of CF! ALL OVER!
Old 10-24-2005, 05:02 PM

just wondering if you have a pic of the RD2 Shark Spoiler? anyone reading this can post the pic.