FlyRyde Distribution
Sponsor:   FlyRyde
This forum is to inform members about FlyRyde Distribution, and the items they sell.

Ape Traction Bars Gb Only Orders

Old 12-27-2006, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone installed them yet? How do you like em?

btw: After replacing my tires... they work much better. My tires were shot and attributing to some of the wheel hop I was experiencing after installing them.

I had Kuhmo Estca MX, now I'm running Toyo Proxes 4. My Kuhmo's were shot to hell. The steel bands were showing through! lmao.gif
Old 12-27-2006, 05:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I just got back here to say...

<span style="color:#FF0000">
<span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%">THEY DON'T FIT!!!!!!!</span></span>

I just tried to put on the support bar and it hits the center motor support. It won't raise high enough to line up with the mount holes. Perhaps it's just the center tow hook getting in the way.

WTF?
Old 12-27-2006, 05:24 PM

Ohhhh yeah!!! hahaha. They forgot to tell you.

You need to cut off that little tow hook in the middle. No biggie, cause you get a huge bar to hook onto if you need to. hehe.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:28 PM

Super. Guess we really DO need instructions.
Not everyone has a grinder, so this needs to be noted as a bolt-on+weld+grind mod.

Could you tell me what the little square plates are for? Are they support anchors for the control arm mounts?
Old 12-27-2006, 05:35 PM

I don't know anything about little plates... Can you post a picture of them? I don't see them in the other pictures you posted.

Strange.... looking at the pictures.... the bar isn't bent in the center at all? Mine has a small bend in it, so it has a little point in the center.... Maybe he found a better way to lower the front fulcrum?
Old 12-27-2006, 05:40 PM

Tabs:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Sha...tionbartabs.jpg

The bar does bend slightly in the middle, but it bends towards the front of the car, not towards the ground.
In this pic, the bar bends towards the camera: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Sha...er/DSC01130.jpg
Old 12-27-2006, 05:54 PM

Ok, I talked to Tom, and he said he will email pictures of how they are mounted tonight. The only problem is I don't have email at home right now, so I won't be able to post them until tomorrow morning.

He said that the tabs go on either side of the mounting bracket on the lower arm that fill the gap that's on the lower arm. He said the bracket gets welded directly underneath the braket that holds the anti-sway bar, then you weld the two tabs on the sides of the bracket to fill the gaps.

But that's as much detail as I can give without pictures to explain more. He should get them to me tonight, and I'll post them tomorrow.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:02 PM

One more question. Do the stock tow hooks need to be in place? Or does this replace them, or fit around them?
I got rid of one of mine, so I'll probably need to find some washers to shim it.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:48 AM

I only had one tow hook, right in the center. Tom cut it off and the bar has no problem fitting across the front.

Let's see... sorry, I didn't get a email from Tom last night. I'll call him again and see what's up.

Here you go:

Just put one shim on each side of the mounting bracket to fill the gap in between the little notch. Hopefully this picture explains it enough.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:19 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

All RD's have 3 tow hooks in the front. The center one is welded on, the other 2 are bolted on at the corners.