FlyRyde Distribution
Sponsor:   FlyRyde
This forum is to inform members about FlyRyde Distribution, and the items they sell.

Advanced Product Engineering Rd Parts!

Old 08-09-2006, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

lmfao, you sneaky sonofab****. put the most anticipated part in this thread on your car and not tell anybody. lmao.gif
Old 08-09-2006, 11:20 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blacktibs @ Aug 9 2006, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Gary I'll check out the error you got in my database and let you know whats up. Oh, and I have a traction bar on my car right now smile.gif</div>

bolt on or weld?

feedback?

Might aswell order both @ the same time
Old 08-09-2006, 12:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Give us the details on how its designed.

Can it be adjusted for tension?
Where does it attach?
Does it have a counter support for the tension it creates?
Bolt on or weld on?
Old 08-09-2006, 05:25 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: Two 97 RD Tibs and 2010 Genesis Coupe

Hey Chris
Please give us feedback on the bars.
Ineed a set ASAP smile.gif
Any idea when there ready for sale?
Old 08-10-2006, 11:15 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Guys these around going to to run about 200 a set. They are a bit more involved than the GK setup, which is just brackets and bars. These are the pics I took for you all, as I get the OK I'll take pics of the newest version. We're prototyping them before anything is final, but I figured I'd let you guys drool over it for now.

Also, I really need you guys to come through on some sales for me. I want to sell 5 of these right now. I'll give you all the best price shipped ever on these first few, but I need cash now. I'm taking zero cut from these sales, but I want to hand APE 1000 bucks to help on developement for us.

Not only are we prototyping them on my car, but as I type this, my boy SpiffyWerks is driving out to my house in his Cuda RD2 w/ Eibach springs. We're driving that car, along with mine to APE. We'll pull the bar off my car (which has shifter issues from being a auto to manual project), and we're strapping it on to Spiffy's car. One thing I know for sure that will change with the R&D, is the the brackets will be slightly different, and the heim will be tucked in a bit so that if you ever bottom out, you'll hit the support bracket instead of the end of the Heim, which could get messed up from too much abuse.

So we're getting there guys, and I need financial support for APE now. We've gone through and raided a ton of his Shifter bushing setups to pull out just the small bushing (the big ones dont fit RDs) and we've made up enough RD bushings to supply you guys until we do a new run of them. I owe Tom about 600 or so right now, so along with the 1000 I want to raise from these, I think we could get a ton of cool stuff done at APE. Which brings me to my next note, a sad one.

Anyone who knows about Hotshot and FlyRyde working together, is pissed off right now. And for good reason. After sitting at Hotshot for almost a year, my tiburon recieved zero attention, and we neglected so bad, that the only thing I have to show for it, is the dents, dings, and scratches all over the custom body work. I have 10 exhausts sitting somewhere, and I cant get through to Hotshot to find out what the hell is up. So sadly, I had to pick up the car as it was when I dropped it off. No turbo kit, no roll cage, no new products for you guys to buy except a half finished catback project that I've not even been able to get the prototype for testing yet. And now my Tiburon after all this time is sitting in my garage again.

Well not for long. APE is towing that bad b!tch to the shop, and it'll live there for R&D on REAL FRIGGIN RACING PARTS. For ONCE, we have a superb connection to the racing world, and I'm giving them full rain over my car. Not only that, but they'll be helping me with connections on the new turbo setup, and Time Attach/Road Race parts. The FlyRyde Tiburon will finally begin racing soon!!!

So with that, I give you the first part of a host new racing goodies...

Old 08-10-2006, 11:30 AM

What is it attached to? It looks like the tow hook mounts.
And it also looks VERY low to the ground. Like 2" off the ground.

I'm having severe wheel hop. So if you need a test subject with power, I'm here.

But I need to make sure it's worth the $200 cause it really looks like it will bottom out and get damaged.

Why did they put the brackets below the support bar? Couldn't they move them directly behind the bar to be at the same level? That would raise it a good 2". Doing it this way would also relieve the twisting stress on the little brackets and support bar. Instead, they would be in tension, which is much better.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:43 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

wow thosse look very nice but i agree with jon those are LOW

i dont even know if i can cruise with those on to the track...
Old 08-10-2006, 01:29 PM
Banned

looks nice.. but damn.. looks lower than my exhaust, and that scrapes EVERYwhere.. i gotta fix it then itll be fine.. but yah thats really low, id be fvcked in MI with those.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:08 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

i say make them so that the brackets are on the side of it

instead of under the bar.. that would give like 2 inches of clearance
Old 08-11-2006, 05:52 AM

^^^Isn't that exactly what I said? smashfreakB.gif