FlyRyde Distribution
Sponsor:   FlyRyde
This forum is to inform members about FlyRyde Distribution, and the items they sell.

2006 Product Update

Old 01-10-2006, 12:40 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's where we stand with whats happening right now. I'm going to really make an effort to post this update once a week, and lock the thread each time I update it. The number order is not really important, but it does show how many projects I'm juggling currently:

So I'm going to have this list to show whats in progress, and I'm sure I'll forget a few. I'll post if money is involved yet, or not, where it is in production, and any ETAs on whats not ready yet. I'll update this first post a few times to get as much as I can down.

PERFORMANCE

1. Equal Length Tubular N/A header.
Hotshot dropped the ball. Now I'm working with APE to get this done.

2. Stainless Steel Radiator Hoses.
Fell through with Hotshot.

3. Air Ram Strutbar.

4. Rear Strut Bar.

5. Turbo Systems. No funding.

BODY STYLING

1. Carbon Fiber or Fiberglass Evo Hoods. Production has been funded. Production is complete. Ready to take orders.

2. Fiberglass Type R Bumpers. Production has been funded. Production is complete. Ready to take orders.

3. Fiberglass Type S Bumpers. Production has been funded. Production is complete. Ready to take orders.

4. Fiberglass OEM hoods BOTH RD1 and RD2. No Funding.
Project dropped in favor of new vented hoods. Evo and Cadamuro.

5. Fiberglass Z style Hoods (cadamuro) Both RD1 and RD2. Some funding.
Going straigt into production using Metal hoods. They're better this way and wont shrink in the molding process like a FRP copy would.

6. OEM Fiberglass fenders BOTH RD1 and RD2 (same). No funding.
No longer a project. I sell CF OEM fenders now from another company.

7. Z style Fenders BOTH RD1 and RD2 (same).
Fell through, the style isn't popular. I have the one off set for sale now.

8. Wide Body Shark Fenders BOTH RD1 and RD2 (same).
These are going to happen with a set of metal OEM fenders and the original fenders from my black car.

9. Carbon fiber or Fiberglass Shark Spoilers BOTH RD1 and RD2. Minimal funding, but spoiler was donated.
just waiting on interest. Both spoilers have been dropped off for molding when you're all ready. Available with center back in CF.

10. Type R side skirts BOTH RD1 and RD2. No funding, but turby skirts were donated. These are just turby skirts in Fiberglass. They'll be cheap and widely available. Problem is no funding, and the pieces we have are OEM plastic skirts which are very flexible and impossible to mold as is. We'll have to somehow coat the entire inside with fiberglass so they stay rigid, and before they dry mount them to a car. This is hard as we'd need a car available for this process. I think I may have a guy though for this. ETA could be as quick as 3-4 weeks if funding allowed.

11. Type S skirts BOTH RD1 and RD2. Some funding. These will follow the launch of the Type R skirts as they're a simple skirt that attaches to the Type R to make it a 1-2" drop (to match the lower Type S bumpers front and rear). Figure 1 or 2 weeks after we have a Type R in Fiberglass.

12. Lightweigt FG or CF hatch BOTH RD1 and RD2. No funding. This is about last on the list of important things to get going. Who knows if it will happen or not. I'd like it too, and when things pick up I'll fund at least the RD1 myself for a one off piece for our race car. Otherwise, the RD1 hatch is at the manufacturer already and waiting for funding to start production. I also now have an RD2 that I can use to test the hatch if we get an RD2 hatch donated or purchased. Again, this may not even happen, but if you guys want it will. Its all waiting on funds. To keep costs down, I'll likely not offer a Lexan Window unless there is a demand for it. Figure just the window to cost in the range of 4-500 alone.

13. Fiberglass Type S for the RD2. No funding. Unless you guys want the Type R modified a bit. This could be made available in a matter of weeks if we had the demand. The hard part is done, getting a piece produced in Fiberglass to chop up and mate with an RD2 top half bumper.

14. Fiberglass Type S rear for the RD1. Some funding. We need lots more orders, at least 5 or 6 more. We have the parts at the manufacture waiting for my order to start. We'll do a spin off of this for the RD2 once we have a Fiberglass part to start with. Until then, no RD2 rears will be made.

15. Carbon Fiber Wiper Cowl. Funded.
This project is still in the works, but the parts have been moved around so many times they dont know where they are. I need to get to the bottom of this, and start sending in refunds.

16 Carbon Fiber Eyelines for the RD1. some funding.
Should be done very soon. They are at my manufacturers along with a set of OEM lights and corners. They'll be done right after they finish the cars for SEMA. Hopefully thats not too long from now.

17. Rear Eyelines for the RD1. These are just like eyebrows for the headlights, only for the tail lights. They'll be done at the same time as the eyelines.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:02 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Can we get this updated Chris?
Old 09-24-2006, 09:50 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

People are getting pissed because nothing is coming of the projects I agreed to waaay back.

What I think, is that we need to more or less start over on some things. If Viper is making strut bars, I need to go back, and refund all cash to strut bar owners. Next, if the traction bars are wrapped up soon (after they're all built) then I'll work on getting my equal length headers. But honestly, I'll start refunding ASAP for people who want money back.

The cowlings, I'm still trying to find out whats up from IT, but same with that. If people paid, and didn't get anything, they deserve at least their money back. I'm now working a second job (darafeev.com) so that I can refund people on projects that my manufacturers just screwed me on. Thats what my job deals with, and your money shouldn't have to be tied up in that any longer.

I think it just bugs people to see new topics for: "Send FlyRyde your money" when YOUR money has been tied up for over a year or so, with nothing to show for it. Namely no profits for me. Its not like I just have a button to push everytime I want a new part. Its lots of pushing people who dont want to get the job done, and finally if and when they do the job, I have to pick up the pieces and try to sell it. Its rough, but I should've known better last year when i said yes to every damn thing out there.

I said yes to the cowling, which I'd have said no to now. Its two pieces, and somehow that just makes it a world of hassle. It needs in house modifying, and they're always "too busy" for my time consuming little projects.

I said yes to the turby skirts, ran into trouble and ended up just buying them from the owner. Same looks like its happening with the King skirts, only they're not made of Urethane, they'll be dropped off and molded AS IS in FRP. The Urethane skirts I still need to arrange a drop off with my RD2 so they can be test fit, hardened with resin or FG, then finally removed once they're all rigid and molded. Thats still time from now.

The exhausts are basically done, except John fell off the face of the planet, and the shop he had take all of his parts, is missing every single section of my exhausts that goes under the axle. I only have my sample, and until I magically have time to fit it up to my RD2 at APE, I wont even be able to ship it to a paying customer because the muffler is not welded in place yet. But its done and ready for this, so I'll get it done ASAP so you can at least see what the Catback looks like. It'll sell, but now I might need to remake the second section that goes to the muffler since they all ended up missing.

But look guys, if I just sit back and hope that John pops his head up, and that Import trenz decides to find my cowlings and make them in CF at an affordable price (yeah right), and all the sudden Tom at APE has loads of time to help me make the equal length header... I'll go flat out under. I'm already stacking up bills from just sitting on projects hoping they'll finish. I'm better off refunding you guys on stuff when I can so that I dont have so many projects riding over my head. I love to be the hero and get parts done, but lately, there's just been too much tension, and I dont think we need to continue like this any longer.