Featured Articles An area to discuss the Featured Ride and Featured Model articles.
View Poll Results: closing COTM
no, keep it!
83.02%
close it, we are all buying Genesis Coupes!
9.43%
don't care, I own a moped.
7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Should We Stop Running A Cotm?

Old 12-12-2009, 12:20 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Yeah, thats true! Didnt think of that.....Well shit, sex sells everything else in our culture, figured why not give it a shot to get COTM rolling better these days!
Old 12-12-2009, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

I voted to close it but only due to lack of choices. I think it should be discontinued due to lack of participation. I think it should be changed more to a featured tib and not a contest. Contests always draw upon popularity of the person and not always the car(same as a damn carshow). Therefore if it is featured the moderator chooses from a group of cars and features each one per month and everyone interested gets a chance to be featured. Just my .02 since i hate the whole politics involved in voting.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

We've always had our contest open to all Hyundais. Last year, we made specific month categories to help include non-show cars, because they have a different set of criteria that shouldn't be overlooked when competing against flashy body kits.

We're open to all suggestions - but a 'featured car' will be just as much of a 'popularity contest' as COTM would. If the staff were to EVER select RED ZMAN's car as a "featured ride" (even a year from now) then we'd immediately be called biased.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:21 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

I wouldn't vote for REDZ anyways. he tried to kill me in ABQ...err, well, the waterbottle truck that pulled out right in front of us tried to,lol.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:50 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

we should keep it but a stricter policy on image resolution should be enacted so we dont have issues with future calendars
Old 12-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

As for seasonal, if you guys are curious how it works, you can see what its like on Hyundai Aftermarket:

Tri-Month Featured Ride:
https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/hyundai_...atured_ride.php

Monthly Featured Girl (these girls are all part of the forum and post alot too)
https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/hyundai_...f_the_month.php

Current Featured Ride Voting: Jan-March (9 different members are in the vote)
https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/in...showtopic=16519

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majikTib @ Dec 12 2009, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>We're open to all suggestions - but a 'featured car' will be just as much of a 'popularity contest' as COTM would. If the staff were to EVER select RED ZMAN's car as a "featured ride" (even a year from now) then we'd immediately be called biased.</div>
Thats exactly why I dont put myself in for Featured Rides, when nomination time comes. I wouldnt want people to think that just because I'm the owner/Admin of HA...that its the reason why I might win. However, other staff members have the right to enter any time they want though.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I didn't say "any Hyundai". I said "any car". Some of us old-skool Hyundai peeps no longer have Hyundai's. I'll have another one when I get back to work and can afford a second car (Genesis sedan). Until then, I'm rockin' the Mustang. I wanted a Gen Coupe, but the dealers were dicking around with me and didn't seem too interested in my business. They'd call and tell me they had my car in (I had put down a deposit) and when I asked if it was a "Track", they'd always have the same response, "it's a turbo". Douche nozzles.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:10 PM

Keep it...What's really the point in doing away with it? There is a winner every month nonetheless.

Yeah it's getting kind of shabby every month as of late, but I look forward to it.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Wow!! Here I was all proud on winning COTM, but now I'm having second thoughts. This post was made due to the lack of interest from Dec. COTM. I feel I only won now as I was the better of 2 evils. Because of this post I'm not feeling the win as proud as I should. Remember, that this forum is made up of both very active people to the web site and people who only come on here when they get a chance. That almost makes it a popularity contest that I haven't felt since I was in Jr. high school. (jocks vs the nerds) It seems to me that if some one wins that's not in the popular crowd then people start to think that this contest should be closed. Remember this web site has been running for a long time and all the popular cars have already had there 15 min's of fame and the only cars that are left are ones like mine. I really don't think that this poll should of been posted, and this topic should of been dealt with by admins only. Again as I said the winds have been knocked out of my sails. I'm still hoping a calendar will be made and my car will be posted in it as that's how important my car is to me. Larrs
Old 12-12-2009, 05:06 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Larrs: I dont think that was their intention. In a time when financial hardship is hitting a lot of our members, some prominent figures are stepping down, really, we are seeing a huge change in our club. I think it can be a very POSITIVE change, but we have to all be open minded. For what its worth, I really liked your car and voted accordingly to the contestants each month. I honestly make my decision based on my aesthetic and intellectual appreciation to the mods done to each contestants car, THEN I take a glance at their username.

COTM needs to be spiced up with something to get folks excited about it again. The entries are great still. Many nice, clean tibbys to get their chance to be recognized. A Featured Girl and/or a Featured European/Domestic/Asian/Truck month could help balance out everything IMO. Hell, I'd love to post up my new Frontier for a Truck of the Month spot!!!

Ok, here is the not so positive flip side: There are simply fewer and fewer RD owners, let alone RD owners who are DOING great things with their rides, so eventually, this will need to be taken car of. It has nothing to do with the quality of the cars for the contest, but the fact that simply fewer folks are out their and fewer entries. I think we all cringe when the time will come that there will be NO Car of the month occationally because NO ONE ENTERS!!! Its almost happened a few times this year if I'm not mistaken.

So, I am definitely in support of the staff and I think its great they are asking the community to help decide what we would like to see happen.