Featured Articles An area to discuss the Featured Ride and Featured Model articles.

Featured Ride NOMINATIONS

Old 03-06-2012, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8L A/T

Can I nominate myself even though I don't have much done to my Gen?

Mods:

M&S Carart Type-D Grill

Headlights- Black bezel, clear corners, LED Switchback module, Cookie Monster vinyl in left headlight.

8k HIDs in both headlights and fogs

White Fogs

White Powdercoated stock Rims (Not really a mod)

Debadged and black Wing emblem on back

MaxxSpeed SRI

Tinted Tails

Nook Tablet in interior
Old 03-06-2012, 10:51 PM

Vehicle: 09 Accent MC

Originally Posted by majik
wow, sick stance ATL

more pics tuning118?

no more pics for now , it's winter here and my car looks like sh*t with all that crappy snow but more pics will be available this summer
Old 03-09-2012, 09:42 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Tuscani

Originally Posted by pas1216
^^^ But he has sponsors, isn't that an unfair advantage?

How is it unfair? Just because someone gives me a speaker or a battery doesn't mean I didn't build this car in my shop... Now, if the car was owned by a sponsor and they did all the work.. yes, I can see where that would be a problem... This car was badass before anyone gave me anything...

It amazes me sometimes how people have to come up with something to try and justify.... I built this car.. I took these pictures... Over on the big board, I was told I couldn't use these pictures to submit my car for a car of the month... because they looked too nice... I needed to submit pictures that made the car look like it was a normal old car in my driveway... really? It doesn't change the fact that the car is, what it is...

Hell, I lose all the time to people who have an inferior product, just because they have more friends to vote for them... now, that is unfair...

Now, what also might be unfair is that I am retired, have lots of time, and don't have to drive this car... but at no point did a Best of Show Tuscani drop out of the sky and land in my driveway... Blood, Sweat, Tears and lotsa cash made this car... So, unfair, I don't think so... Cheers
Old 03-09-2012, 09:43 AM

Vehicle: 2003 hyundai tiburon, and a 2003 wrx

http://youtu.be/M3QzJnTuTKE

2003 hyundai tiburon

owner: Jason

Exterior:

wingless

smoked tails

f/l headlights

5zigen fno1rc 18" wheels wraped in nt 555's

debadged

Interior:

guages

STS

Engine:

NGM stage II s/c kit

360cc injectors

70mm tb

stage I evac kit

stage IV Upper and Lower IM

ark ti nII duel exhaust

dc headers

sri

spec stage IV 6 puck unsprung clutch

fidanza 9.5lb flywheel
Old 03-09-2012, 10:57 AM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

Originally Posted by UnHolyTib
How is it unfair? Just because someone gives me a speaker or a battery

Sponsors:

Audio: Powerbass USA

Electrical: VMax Charge Tanks

Paint: Express Autobody

Acrylic: Acrylic Conceptions

GPS Tracking: Intuvi Advanced GPS Solutions

That looks like you received more than A speaker and A battery. Your car is a walking advertisement for Powerbass! Just wondering how much of your own "blood sweat and tears" (as you put it) is in that stereo/a/v install?

Over on the big board, I was told I couldn't use these pictures to submit my car for a car of the month...

Big board? Is that a crack at Hyundaiaftermarket.org? I'm not surprised the OTHER board didn't let you use those photos.

Hell, I lose all the time to people who have an inferior product, just because they have more friends to vote for them... now, that is unfair...

Inferior products? Wow, that sounds rude. More friends? Maybe people preferred the other cars over yours? Is that too hard to believe?

I WAS just going to ignore this arrogant post. I don't expect to win this contest anyway, but there were a few things said in your post that bothered me.

This is a quote from another one of your posts.....

With the current build currently in progress ( pictures coming soon ) we have passed over the 100K mark.... but that is 6 years as a sponsored show car, with a new build happening every year...

The newest build includes a 10 point roll cage with a 10K Powerbass stereo system... New Bride racing seats, removal of the VDK and most other flashy things.. the interior will be solid race car and stereo system...

I have a feeling that entering this contest is more of a way for you to advertise for your sponsors. Putting a 100K sponsored show car up against cars built by members in their driveways? Ya, that's not unfair, is it?

Old 03-09-2012, 12:16 PM

Sponsors:

Audio: Powerbass USA

Electrical: VMax Charge Tanks

Paint: Express Autobody

Acrylic: Acrylic Conceptions

GPS Tracking: Intuvi Advanced GPS Solutions

That looks like you received more than A speaker and A battery. Your car is a walking advertisement for Powerbass! Just wondering how much of your own "blood sweat and tears" (as you put it) is in that stereo/a/v install?

All of it, and you don't have to believe it, but if you had followed my car, you would see the build, and guess what - it was full of Infinity Kappa stuff, and completely finished before Powerbass had even seen my car... The entire build is on NT with photos

Big board? Is that a crack at Hyundaiaftermarket.org? I'm not surprised the OTHER board didn't let you use those photos.

Negative much??? You must be one of those folks that sees the bad in everything... Make up what you need to try and disparage me in front of everyone

Just the shear fact that the first sentence of your entry in this contest says something to the effect that you car is nothing special and you don't expect to win, means you had already conceded to a better car. But, because the current generation is being raised to believe they are special, and deserve a trophy even when they suck....

Trust me when I say this... everyone will fail at something, everyone will have less than others.. and you don't get a trophy for sucking in the real world... you don't win when you lose, YOU FREAKING LOSE, because you are inferior.. But, you are better than someone.. and if that makes you happy and not strive for more... that's how it will be.. Hell, even your tagline says " Sorry, I own a accent" what does that say about you, a 33 year old man that is disappointed in his ride.. again, not my fault... I also own a house that cost 1/2 million dollars, and oh my gawd, you should see my other cars... dude, get over it..I am not arrogant because I own something better than you, I am arrogant because you want me to be, so you have a reason to hate..

Inferior products? Wow, that sounds rude. More friends? Maybe people preferred the other cars over yours? Is that too hard to believe?

Ok, do you honestly think that a person who displays a picture of their stock motor with a CAI should honestly have consideration over my engine? I have as much invested in my engine bay as most people have in their entire car including purchase price.. and only the haters have a damn word to say about it... There are people who walk outside each day, and when they look at their car, they see the same thing I do, when I look at mine.. but to a second party, it's not really perceived that way

I WAS just going to ignore this arrogant post. I don't expect to win this contest anyway, but there were a few things said in your post that bothered me.

Arrogant? no.. Hated... maybe... but like I inferred, if you car cannot compete with mine, that's not my fault... it's yours.. so hating on me or my car, is just arrogant in itself. If you don't expect to win, why do you compete? You didn't have anything to say until my car showed up... You think I should not be rewarded for my effort and cash... and you have that right to say that.. But since you say you didn't expect to win, that means you concede that the other cars in this thread are better than you car?? I don't canvas for votes.. I put my car up, and those that respect it, vote for it.. I don't need friends to make my car what it is...

I have a feeling that entering this contest is more of a way for you to advertise for your sponsors. Putting a 100K sponsored show car up against cars built by members in their driveways? Ya, that's not unfair, is it?

I don't need to advertise for my sponsors, they are big companies.. but do you think they gave me products, so it could sit in a garage and no one see it? No, they gave me the stuff to advertise for themselves.. I am sorry no one wants to give you stuff... if that's why you are hating - I built my car in my driveway too.... Just because i have more money has nothing to do with it... I am not Hyundai... I am a guy who lives ina little town and likes to work on cars...

I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW I WITHDRAW FROM THIS CONTEST - I would hate to win and make anyone unhappy..

I will probably vote for Harry or ATLz - their sh*t is awesome...
Old 03-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I think it is perfectly fair to enter a competition like this with a sponsored vehicle. It really isn't any less fair than entering if you just have a ton of cash to throw at a car.

That being said, sure some people are going to weight it differently. That's the thing about voting, it levels itself out based on what people feel is important.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:24 PM

you don't get a trophy for sucking in the real world... you don't win when you lose, YOU FREAKING LOSE, because you are inferior..

I also own a house that cost 1/2 million dollars, and oh my gawd, you should see my other cars... dude, get over it..I am not arrogant because I own something better than you, I am arrogant because you want me to be, so you have a reason to hate..

WOW

Sounds like someone is just trying to make up for being shorted in another department.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by pas1216
WOW

Sounds like someone is just trying to make up for being shorted in another department.

Dude, you are just pure "WIN" right? 33 years old, drives an Accent, let me guess.. still lives with Mom? Maybe a virgin too? Anyone can cut and paste a piece of text and make it seem out of context to satisfy their own emotional need to hate on someone - You my friend are a perfect example of a hater. and until now, I have tried not to sink to your level, but dude, you are pure fail.. you suck, your life stinks... you should really consider donating your skin to another human, because you are wasting it... You will never amount to anything, and will never have what I have.. I AM SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU, it is driving you freaking crazy, you little troll.. hows that? now that I said it, you can really let me have it... your accent is an ugly accent too... sorry, one last zinger..

Hey guys, it's obvious this guy is not going to stop... and I really don't want any dudes spending a lot of time thinking about my junk... which it is obviously going on with this guy..

so I'm out... The above statements were not done in arrogance, they were done out of shear fun, and I am still laughing...

Any statements now, will go unanswered, so give it all you can...
Old 03-09-2012, 02:13 PM