External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Window Tint .... help me choose

Old 03-18-2003, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tib
Default Window Tint .... help me choose

First off, I don't know much shiz about window tinting. This week I plan on getting estimates of having my windows tinted. I have a silver tib & I want a reflective silver tint. Now there are several diff brands of tint, but I want the most reflective silver but still legal...basically I live in MO & I think the sides can be 35% NET and the rest of the windows can be ANY. Does anybody have a reflective silver tint? Anybody have a full metal tinting??? Pics are appreciated. Thank you and have a nice day
SharkBite
Old 03-18-2003, 02:00 PM

I used to have half and half silver (mirror) tint. you can look at these old pics that I have and see what they look like on my elantra to get some ideas.

www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.asp?ProfileID=12662

Hope this helps with your decision. smile.gif
Old 03-19-2003, 06:01 AM

Itza start. Thanks for the pic. Do you remember which brand of tint it was??? If only someone had a silver car with a silver tint...... poke
Old 03-19-2003, 06:37 AM

Here is a pic of my silver accent with solid chrome. the back is done in 20% mirror with Limo behind it, the front is just 20% mirror. It looks sweet. Im putting another layer of limo in the front and on the windshield.

Old 03-19-2003, 01:00 PM

That does look sweet. Thanks. Any probs with the cops?? I am going to try & find a chrome tint that is fairly dark, yet maintains good visability at night.

Thanks
Old 03-23-2003, 05:02 AM

yeah i used to get about 5 tickets a month, but i moved to the city and now i get maybe one every 2 months or so. In the winter it just looks like your windows are foggy.
put limo tint behind it to make it more mirror like