External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Widest rims on a RD1?

Old 07-02-2016, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon RD1 1998
Default Widest rims on a RD1?

Taking in count that most of u are going to hate me, im not afraid to say that im going mostly for stance with my rd1

Im about to pick a set of rims but i dont know what is the widest size i can get for the back. Im going to stick to 7' on the front like im already rolling atm. But on the back i tough that maybe i can snap 9' with some work.

I already chopped up the insside of the fender instead fender rolling and i can add 1.7 degrees of camber wich it gives me like 2 extra finguers of clearance. I guess putting 205 tires on it should be fine for not scrap on any condition. (Take in count that the roads on Spain are horrible compared to the USA) Im also lowered 3.5 cm

I always can get 8's for the back and use 2cm spacers that i already got but i prefer to avoid them if its posible.

Let me know what size u use or what u tried, im looking for a bit of pop out of the rims outside the fenders. The ET will be 20 for the 9's and 35 for the 8's.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra GLS

You're right, I hate you... well, you're ideas anyway...

There aren't many people here that are into the stanced/cambered/ruined scene.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:41 AM

Sorry man, since this car is slow, at least for me, and we are not allowed to turbo NA cars on my country, or is almost imposible, in legals terms or about all the money is needed to pay to be road legal, i go for aesthetics, and of course this is personal choice.

ATM i guess is very clean:

But this wheels need to pop up, i dont consider myself a rice guy but this car looks like stock, it only have lowered springs and some cheap rims, with other minor mods. Taking in count this car needs to take me to my job everyday and i cant go racecar style at least i will try to make it look better, at least on my opinion, without loosing form at all.

I was thinking on te37 or similars, just need to figure out the size, on white of course:

Old 07-03-2016, 10:51 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

I run 17x8 +35 (on show stance) 3 degrees on the front and (static) 2 degrees in the rear. Fenders are rolled with a slight pull for clearance. It looks good and still functions well with enough clearance to go full lock at low speeds.

I wouldn't run 3 all the time because it wears out the tires quickly, and I find that around 2 degrees is the best road feel.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:02 AM

with 8' and 2 degrees on the rears u should still have some clearance right? im thinking on put 9's on the back, what do you think? 205 tires, 2 degrees of camber and fenders cut on the insside, it should fit :S
Old 07-03-2016, 05:09 PM

Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

I really prefer a nice square setup over staggered on a FWD Car, but do what you want it's your car.

Anyway.. Just to throw another set of numbers at ya because every little bit can help figure out what you want to buy. I was planning to run a set of 16x7 ET10 on my RD2. Here are two pics of a quick test fit I did on the rear. When I tested the front I realized I'd have to run a 9mm spacer up front so the wheel bolts would clear the brakes. Your results may vary.

Old 07-03-2016, 10:17 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Originally Posted by impetto
with 8' and 2 degrees on the rears u should still have some clearance right? im thinking on put 9's on the back, what do you think? 205 tires, 2 degrees of camber and fenders cut on the insside, it should fit :S

This will depend on how low you go. Mine are 215s with the tire about a half inch recessed into the fender for the street and even at normal driving conditions they never rub. If I push it hard they do and that could be fixed with stiffer springs. Also like I said though, my fenders were rolled and pulled using an Eastwood fender roller.

I'm also on coilovers so I have tons of adjustment.