External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Wide Body Kit

Old 10-17-2002, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wide Body Kit

I've been asking this same question everywhere and I swear not to rest till i get a good answer. But does anyone know how to get a hold of a wide body kit for a 2002 (LC) Accent hatch. I'm trying to make my baby look a little bit like the WRC Accent.
Old 10-17-2002, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Sorry dude. There's nothing out there that's pre-made for the accent. If you want a wide body for your Accent, then you're gonna have to find a shop that can make one, and install it for you, or else you're gonna have to try and take on teh task of building it yourself. I've built a wide body before (on a customer's truck..posted pics of it a while back...) and I can tell you, it's not an easy task at all. If you find a shop to do it, just to keep some things in mind, a good wide body kit will have to be welded on. Which means alot of metal fabrication, welding, sanding, blocking, and so on to make sure that everything is even and straight. The kit could be made out of fiberglass, but it wouldn't look right. Steel kits are your best bet. Your other option is to find a wide body kit made for a different car like a Honda or Mitsu, and try and cut it to fit your ride. Again though, if you don't have the experience in doing that, then a shop is going to charge you lots of $$$ for it.

If money is no issue for you, then have fun, spend lots, and end up owning something super unique and different. Good luck... wink