External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Who/Where did YOU get you CF hood.

Old 07-15-2004, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking around at different places comparing prices and quailty of CF hoods cause once I graduate (YAY!!) in December I would like to reward myself with something nice laugh.gif and I would like your guys input. So I'm wondering the following.
For a 97-99 Tib:
Where have you found bolt on hoods that require *NO* modifications (I'm TIRED of modifications) to fit right. I want something in the $2.00-$500 (wink.gif) range and something I could put on myself. That's why I would like to find one that requires *NO* modifications. Every mod I have done myself has required some kind of modification, reason being b/c I buy cheap(which I know is a NO-NO, but since I'm super super poor college girl those are the things I got to do, but once school is done I'll be making GOOD money and can buy something NICE. So if anyone can help me out that would be great!
Old 07-15-2004, 01:47 PM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX

DO NOT GO THROUGH SHARK RACING!!! I have that hood.... Theres only one layer of CF that you can see light through from the underside... The clear coat is bubbling and the CF is fading... granted I dont have a shelter to keep it in... but it was doing this after a couple of months... The latch hook in the front was to long and I got cracks from the vibrations in that area. REDZMAN can atest to my hood issues...

Go VIS CF Kevlar mix!! AWESOME!
Old 07-15-2004, 01:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I've got pics of Hobgoblin's hood. It really is sad.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:41 PM

www.importfan.com

tibbychick has there hood, and i have not heard of any complaints from her about it.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:31 PM

I don't like the fact that they sell parts for the 00-02 Tiburon and they sell Vader Kits.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:56 PM

neither do i....but tibbychicks hood is hot.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:27 AM

Yeah I knew Tibbychick was happy w/her hood, but couldn't remember where she got it. DOes anyone know how much it cost her?
Oh and yeah you don't have to tell me not to get something from shark racing, I know better then that. I've gotten one thing from them and that was a short shifter for my boyfriend, and after hearing all the horror stories about them, I'm suprised I even got got it w/out a ton of problems.

**Edit I was looking on that website that Tibbychick got her hood and there is a guy selling a CF hood for 97s on Ebay right now, and it is either the same guy from Importfan or the person on Ebay has stolen his pics. Look--->http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=36475 If that is the same guy I'll just buy it off Ebay laugh.gif
Old 07-16-2004, 09:04 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I know this is off topic, but tell us about your Catback. I didn't know FORZA made one.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:58 AM

QUOTE (REDZMAN)
I know this is off topic, but tell us about your Catback. I didn't know FORZA made one.

I got it off Ebay from some guy. I had to make modifications to it (which I've figured out if I reverse the modification I can get my headers to work out ok), b/c it was too short, it was really made for a 00-01 Tib, but it all worked out in the end and it sounds great.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:03 AM

QUOTE (Midnightsp)
QUOTE (REDZMAN)

I got it off Ebay from some guy. I had to make modifications to it (which I've figured out if I reverse the modification I can get my headers to work out ok), b/c it was too short, it was really made for a 00-01 Tib, but it all worked out in the end and it sounds great.

I have the "Forza" catback... I got it from SS Autochrome and a year and a half ago. Its also the "OBX" catback