External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Where would you put it ??? - PICTURES OF IT UPDATED

Old 01-09-2003, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

Thanks for your suggestion but the main reason I want it in the rear is so it looks as close to stock as possible, and then I'd have to get 2, and I would think that's too much... but thanks man

P.S. an in no way did I feel Tony was a hater, those that I speak off know who they are, lol... tongue.gif
Old 01-09-2003, 02:28 AM

personally i wouldnt put it on the car. i took off all my badges. i dont like our badges since they are off centered.

if your really going to put it on. put it next to the se or take the se off and put it there. somehow make it centered. having the H center and the words off center looks funny. and i know its hard with the keyhole there too but thats MHO
Old 01-09-2003, 03:11 AM

thanks man, as I posted on HP, I would never take off my badges, I want people to know what it is... but thanks, and yes now I have 2 votes, for taking the SE off, and putting it there...

now if I do, do I angle it??? or do I put it straight, keep in mind although the lettering is very similar it still isn't, this is why I feel putting it at an angle would be better...
Old 01-09-2003, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Bat Lord:
nowhere on that badge does it say (VW) or anything similar, so in truth, it's a UNIVERSAL badge.
In that case, slap a "Type-R" badge on there. They are "UNIVERSAL" and don't say "Honda/Acura". tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Please, get a small (or large) "got boost" sticker, or something similar, but not a "badge" from another car.

To me, stealing badges from other makes/models is RICE. Calling your Tiburon a "Tuscani", or your Elantra an "Avante" all qualify as "RICE" to me. (just my PERSONAL definition)

[ January 09, 2003, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 01-09-2003, 03:29 AM
Mav

Well if the Turbo writing is slanted, then go for it, but it might look funny if it is 'straight' writing on an angle. Would look like you just slapped it on.
Old 01-09-2003, 03:50 AM

lol Tony, you're really not with it on my badge, lol... well I started that same argument on the NT.com forums about people putting a TUSCANI EMBLEM when it wasn't... I guess we all have different thoughts about certain things, but just like I said on there...

I don't feel it's RICE, cause in truth, like someone answered on there, if you can get all the (STICK ON TRIMS) for the interior and exterior like the tuscani comes, than why is it RICE??? I do and would understand it being rice, if the TUSCANI was a limited edition with even more power on the car, or something that was unique to the car, but nope it's not like that yet...

I even posted, how I did feel it was rice, for those 1st gen owners and some 2nd gen owners that did put a TYPE R sticker on their tibby, since the REAL KOREAN tibby had a difference power wise and trim wise... well yes they can get the trims but not the engine...

at least to me, that's my understanding of RICE... I'm sorry, I feel I have a turbo, and I have no problem, with me putting a UNIVERSAL sticker that says "TURBO" on it...

and in no way to me compares to "GOT BOOST" sticker sorry... But no matter what some will have your views, and some will have my views, not everyone will see eye to eye...

Like I said, man, as much as I value your suggestions, I will stick with the emblem...

You keep forgetting why I'm in this... I want people out there to see what's possible with a HYUNDAI, yes I have a clean car persay, and w/o them hearing the BOV they would never know it was TURBO, I like others to realize that are behind me, next to me, in front of me, to know it's a HYUNDAI, this is why I would never take off my badges, never... and well now I would also like everyone to know it's a "TURBO" and a "H" and a "TIBURON", the only badge I really don't mind about is the SE...

hope you understand what I mean
Old 01-09-2003, 04:13 AM

I got a GT cam, turbulence type R skirts, and the shark spoiler

So my car is a turbulence type R
i have the stickers and everything
tongue.gif

Slap it on batlord... i think its kool
Youve done a lot of work to your car, i dont think VW would mind if you steal their badge. Take off the SE part though

Dont listen to Random... hes a rice boy anyways... you should see some of the stuff ive seen in his garage waiting to go into his tibby
tongue.gif

Place it on the oppisite side of the tiburon decal

Kind of like
Sentra [keyhole] Spec V

What if i got a "Rally Spec" decal.... wink

BTW email me when you get the chance... i got some ideas i want to steal from your car smile.gif

[ January 09, 2003, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: JAWS 021 ]
Old 01-09-2003, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator

Hey, no disrespect is intended. It's just a difference of opinion, dat's all. smile.gif

I'm sure I'll have some mods on my car that you won't like. eek!
Old 01-09-2003, 04:30 AM

Random:
Hey, no disrespect is intended. It's just a difference of opinion, dat's all. smile.gif

I'm sure I'll have some mods on my car that you won't like. eek!
[whisper]Neon license plates[/whisper]

:RUNS:

Old 01-09-2003, 04:50 AM
Super Moderator

JAWS 021:
[whisper]Neon license plates[/whisper]
:RUNS:
HEY' Thos are going in UNDER the seats. They will NOT be visable!

You better watch it or I'll install Bradley's old "indigo" (type)"R" logo on your trunk!