External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

What do you think?

Old 03-04-2005, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think?

Hey, a few weeks ago I had a deer run into me and I used the insurance money for some M3 style mirrors and to have the GK gills molded onto my fenders. Please share comments!

Old 03-04-2005, 10:46 AM

Not diggin the gills personally
Old 03-04-2005, 10:55 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

yeah, they should be up higher....but then they will not be plush with the fender as there's a big hump there. Get more angles (like from 45 degree angle from front, corner shots down low, etc.)

I don't like how you can see the rectangle behind the grills, looks like they took the piece, put some elmers glue on it and slapped her on.

Diggin the mirrors though. I just got mine in too.
Did you do install yourself? (of the mirrors?)
if you did, pm me about how you did it, I'd like some help.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:04 AM

Yea I was kind of dissappointed with the way the gills turned out, but to get them perfect, apparently they wouldve had to stamp the fenders and do about $800 worth of labor in addition to what they did.

And no I didn't do the mirrors myself, mostly because the place that did them cost less to install paint and buy the part for less than I could find them priced. And Patreezy, I dunno if you're aware of this or not, because I wasn't, but when you install the M3 mirrors, if they're power, you're gonna have to decide to have one of the directions backwards. To adjust them, I have to push up for them to go down and push down for them to go up. Just letting you know, but you can also set them so the up and down are correct and the left makes them move right and right makes them move left if you want.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:05 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Shoul have slipped the gills around and stuck them on the rear fenders... might have looked cool...

But I like the mirrors
Old 03-04-2005, 11:06 AM

the mirrors look good, the fenders not so good. imho they dont match the style of the car.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:08 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

The mirrors are looking great.

The girlls, I'm not a big fan on.

1. They should of been higher.

2. They look exactly like how you would buy a fake hoodscoop.

3. They are a bit to small, and to tightly spaced.

4. They would of looked much better if it didn't look like they were superglued on the fender, prep'ed, then painted.

Just my opinion man. It doesn't matter much.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:09 AM

In my cars defense...haha, the gills actually do look a lot better in person, even though they aren't the way I wanted them exactly...But the pictures make it look worse than they are, because I saw the photos once I put them on here and was like, wow, I didn't think they were THAT bad.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:28 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

It doens't look like a proffesional did a good job in molding them. He should of bonded them into the fender for a clean look.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:07 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I don't have power mirrors, thanks for the info though.

Did you have (or they have) a problem with the inside triangle piece. Sparticus and Tibbychick said that the inside black triangle piece isn't big enough, so when installed it leaves a crack around the perimeter or something along those lines....? I think I might have to fabricate a different plastic piece to completely cover that triangular area....I haven't even toyed around with the mirrors yet (just getting curious as to what I'm ip against).

On the fenders, I agree...they'd look sick if they were molded into the fender (like the slots on z3 fenders) but longer slots more like the GK style.
But they would still be too low for my taste (it would be very hard to molg gills into the curvature on the fender where it meets the hood).