External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

What do you like better - vinyl or spray

Old 06-13-2012, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Tiburon GT
Default What do you like better - vinyl or spray

For tinting tail lights. Do you like using spray like nightshades or vinyl cut outs better? There seems to be a mix decision to which one is easier to apply. People are saying vinyl doesnt require you to remove your tails but the people who do spray say you can just mask off around the tails and car so you dont get over spray anywhere. And some people are saying vinyl lasts longer where spray can be chipped or scratched.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

I never liked the look of most of the films. on top of that I have always sucked at applying it.

Removing tails on almost any car is VERY easy.

On that note, I use night shades. I like the look better and you can customize how you want it to look.

super shiny..

super dark..

tape off certain areas to show through..
Old 06-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Definitely prefer spray.

Crap jobs of vinyl or spray will look like crap jobs regardless. If you're too lazy to remove your tails and do it right, go with vinyl. Although that means you're awfully damn lazy, as it is incredibly easy to pull your tails.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:55 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

My tails were sprayed with VHT Nightshade, sanded and cleared and they look fabulous.... 5 years later.

I'm super happy with the quality and it only cost me like $50 to have a real body shop spray sand and clear them.