External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Water leaking out of mirror after washing

Old 07-06-2010, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Tiburon GT
Default Water leaking out of mirror after washing

So maybe we've been through this before, but I searched around through the threads and didn't find this exact problem, anyway, on to the issue. Every time I wash and dry my car, afterwards water ALWAYS leaks out from inside the drivers side mirror. Doesn't do it on the passenger side, just driver. So I stand there and wait and dry the water that comes out like 10 times, until I think no more is gonna come out, but I get home and BAM a big friggin water streak down my otherwise beautifully clean car. Not sure why, I'm guessing maybe the seal is bad around the mirror maybe? But any suggestions on what I could do to seal it up would be great. Maybe this is a stupid question and maybe I'll get flamed, but I searched and found nothing , so any help is appreciated.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:26 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent

i wrap small towels around them and go inside for awhile
Old 07-06-2010, 01:00 PM

Vehicle: 02 Accent GL, 86 BMW 325es

My Accent does the same on both sides. I'm pretty sure its just drain holes for water that gets stuck behind the mirror and in the housing. That's why I carry a rag to wipe it off at the destination.