External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Warning for Fake Veilside Body Kits

Old 08-31-2004, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Re: Custom Badge Design Contest *Ends 14 Sept*

WTF?! Fango!??! thats a new one to me. LMAO
Old 09-14-2004, 10:32 AM

Default Re: FS - everything is for sale

lol, yea here's another one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=36475

no doubt about it thats def ur tib bro.

It says that the kit is made up of 7 layer FG, and PRE-FITTED? I doubt it. I do have a replica veilside kit, that DID FIT FINE! However i wouldn't EVER buy a ground-effects kit from ebay man. (plugz 2 bodykits.com)

Anyways it's selling for 345, or buy it now for 355. DAMN THATS CHEAP!! :roll:

Also take a look at his shipping instructions, and i quote him that this kit belongs in the garbage can. LMAO ROFL!
Shipping is $180 to a residential address I.E House, Apartment, Condo, Trash Can smile.gif
Old 09-15-2004, 07:29 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: hp rating of stock internals?

Isn't there rules about that shish!! Majik I'd have his ass for usin' my car and not payin' me for it!!
Old 10-20-2004, 11:40 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: For those who hate Bush... and Kerry... have fun!

hmm. i dunno. i'd rather be paying $200 for a fake one instead of $2,000 for a real one. They look identical. the paint coating will cost a lot. shipping will cost a lot. so you pay $2,000 fo the real one, $600 for painting it, and $200 for labor and putting it on.

...and you get in a car accident, or fender bender? real or fake, it's fiberglass. it cannot be fixed or patched up but replaced. so if you buy a $3,000 real kit, hit a tree, you would have to buy another $500 bumper, get it painted and fitted all over again.

...of course for shows you wouldn't buy a fake one. i'm undecided on this one. (probably because it's hard to earn money these days)
Old 10-21-2004, 12:23 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Re: Worst rice mod you've done to your car!

dude, did you even read my post? you'll end up paying TONS of money to make those fake kits fit most of the time. Not all of the time, but how can you know if it's gonna fit til you get it? You don't... you might spend $2,000 for a fake after making it fit and get it installed. :roll:

as far as ebay, I've contacted sellers SEVERAL times and they won't listen. EBay won't help me, I've reported them several times and they won't do crap for me
Old 10-25-2004, 06:01 PM

Default Re: CAI = No Sound

my tib has a vader body kit, which is a rip off of veil side. the front bumper doesn't set right on the headlights, but my car was rebuilt and had that problem with the stock front bumper.

WARNING: don't buy a back bumper from the vader 1 body kit from extreme dimensions.com. it required three days sanding, and two days of bondo work to fix the holes under my tail lights. though i got a contract with the guy and only had to pay 850$ for the body work and the paint, it would have costed nearly 2000$ if he had looked at the bumper first
Old 10-25-2004, 09:19 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: CAI = No Sound

come to think of it you guys are right. i do have a custom body mechanic, however, it's better to be sure than to pay the price...

i will try to contact the distributors smile.gif
Old 05-03-2005, 09:51 AM

Even though I agree with the statement that you should really stick to a real veilside kit, the problem I ran into was when i contacted the company and just about every dealer I could find, both local and on their website, they simply stated that they don't make any kits for the 98 models (well RD1). That only one was ever made, and that they did not intend to make one again. And because I'm a huge fan of that kit, I opted to buy a fake. Haven't had a chance to put it on yet because I'm not putting it on before I get my fenders, cause that would just make no sense. However, I'm crossing my fingers that it does fit right. Its a chance that I had to take, as for the past 2 years I've been trying to track down a way to get a real one.

Brake
Old 05-03-2005, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Veilside did not make a body kit for the 97-99 model Tiburon. I believe they modified the 2nd gen to fit on Summer's red show car, but she paid for it.

Good luck on the fitment.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:39 AM

well..the problems youve listed arent as bad as youd think.Because Ive got 2 of the "Vader 2" kits..and they fit relatively well..I just need to learn how to install them lol..Ill have pics up later on this afternoon