External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Vht Shades Tint

Old 06-10-2008, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at this tint for my car's tails, so I was wondering what do you guys think about it. Does somebody have used it before?

VHT Shades Tint

Thanks
Old 06-10-2008, 01:31 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I would worry about the quality of a rattle can tint job. Your more then likely better off just getting precut tint made for your tails or make them yourself.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Banned

doubt they make pre-cut for a tib.. pain in ass to install anyway..

nightshades = crap unless you wanna spend a good amount of time to do them, using wetsanding in between layers and then add a few layers of clearcoat.

personally, if you want them to look best, spend 75$ and have a shop professionally tint them with paint.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I use it, and it's great. Take your time and do one light layer at a time. You may find the first layer is enough, which was the case for my Z. Sanding it afterwards makes it look cleaner.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:14 PM

Or get tinted lenses from one of our fine Korean companies... lmao.gif
Old 06-10-2008, 07:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

If you want them professionally done, hit up Razloga on GenesisBK, he does an AMAZING job! Razloga's website
He uses the VHT stuff (same as the one in your link, he just gets it in bulk), but uses a air brush clearcoat, a lot of post-work. It is possible to do it with a spray can clearcoat, just be sure to wetsand it really well afterwards and use some nice polish on it. Also, be sure to let it dry a good 12-24 hours between VHT and the clear. One layer of VHT is a light coat, 2 is medium, and 3 is dark.
I have 2 new cans I bought from him that I ended up not using (he says to get two cans if you're going to do 2 coats, there's not a whole lot in there...), that I'd sell you for $20. PM me if you're interested.
Also, notice the super fine print towards the end:
# Please Note: VHT Nite Shades has changed there can size from 7oz to 11oz cans. You will receive a full size 12 oz can with the same 7oz contents. We DID NOT send you a used or partially used can. You’re getting a new can
Old 06-11-2008, 09:35 AM

Thanks for the quick responses, it seems that VHT is good. StrikeEagle I have sent you a PM.

I love how in this forum people respond quickly smile.gif ...
Old 06-11-2008, 01:01 PM

i used nightshades on my tails and i didn't put heavy coats because i didn't want them to be too dark.. turned out great.. even better if you wetsand and clear coat at the end..
Old 06-11-2008, 11:38 PM

if you want a flawless night shade job, with no sanding or clearing or any of that crap, just bake your tails, separate them and night shade the inside of the lens. this will allow it to look as glossy as your stock tails and still have that nice tinted look. just when you seal it back up be sure to use alot of sealer so it wont get condensation. you can also keep the reverse light clear or put a design in it by masking off pieces on the inside and leaving them unpainted.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:39 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^ What a great idea!