External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Verticle Door kit pics?

Old 01-11-2005, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Verticle Door kit pics?

Im looking for pictures of the actually set up, uninstalled. If you guys could help that would be great.

Depending on what the setup looks like my dad may actually be able to make them.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:27 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

I work in a tool and die shop, we have 5 different types of CNC machines that can do amazing things. You cannot look at a picture and expect to make the same product, yes it might look the same but it will not function the same. Talk to Jaws he has a kit on his car. It takes months for engeneers to produce such a product to work efficiently. Many many many calculations tongue.gif

I doubt your dad can do that from a picture tongue.gif

But look on ebay, the company that Jaws has on his car I think also sells on ebay for 1299$ . There are pictures there, but not in depth.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:47 PM

i dont mean he can make it just from looking at the picture but he can at least get an idea of what it looks like.(so he can see how hard it would be and how long it would take to make) He works on 2 CNC lathe's every day and if he cant do everything on his machine he knows plenty of people that can.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Well, what kit do you wanna look at?

www.gullwingdoors.com has some good close pics of a kit.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:19 PM

yea, i just showed my dad thoes picutes... he said he could definatlly make them. He just needs to have a pair in hand to measure them and stuff like that. Now all i have to do is figure out how 2 get a pair.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:40 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Well, you could look at it like this; buy a set for the model to work with, if and when your dad can reproduce a similar dependable product you could have him make several and try to sell them in a group buy for a good price and sell some on e-bay to cover the cost of the original set and pay for future mods to your car.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:50 PM

wait hold on.. before you get your hopes up..

Make the brackets is half the fun.... the most important part of the kit once is installed are the struts..

So before you jump into anything.. research struts.. STRONG struts

Good look finding a spare set. I dont know anyone who has any laying around man.. sorry =/
Old 01-11-2005, 04:21 PM

thats fine... im going 2 be looking around and if i dont find a set anywhere i'll just end up buying a set and making sure the fitment is good. then i might end up having my dad make them and that way i'll be able to cover the price i paid, help with my future mods, and give people a reliable price for a good price.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:57 PM

Once I get my car back ( first week of feb. ) I will be able to take pictures of my door hinges.....I am having a Decah Door kit Custom fitted for my 2001 tib...The kit looks a lot different than the one on SR/evo fusion website. Not sure of what the SR kits are made out of but they look like aluminum...The Decah Kits are made of High Strength Steel just like the factory door hinges making them less likely to get stress cracks. If you go to Decahs web site the have information about different materials and why they went with Hig Strength Steel. www.decah.net

I will post pictures as soon as I can.....Figure the first week of Feb.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:30 PM

theoreticaly the whole system of verticle doors is a realy simple, but its just hard to duplicate, if u were able to like actualy physicaly see them in your hands and measure everything out and all, you might, maybe be able to recreate it, i know my dad could if he could get all the specs on it cuz he works on stuff like that with metal and hydrolics and pnumatical stuff and lifts and etc.