External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Vertical Doors

Old 09-13-2005, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

FYI i have searched through posts and not found answers to what i am going to ask.

ok i have been intersted in vertical doors sence i have seen them and i have seen allot of pics of them on cars but i have never actual seen how it works or what the kit looks like.
spending a grand or more on something b4 i see it kinda dont sit well with me so i was wondering if somone has pics of the kit or an actual pic of it on the car where i can see it?
Old 09-13-2005, 07:01 PM

pretty sure BlackTibs had pictures of it durring the install.... didn't search good enough....
Old 09-13-2005, 09:53 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Old 09-13-2005, 10:15 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT

dude...did you do that all yourself?
that's pretty impressive...
Old 09-14-2005, 11:55 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

oh chit thats sweet!! thats no were close to what i was thinkin it was.
what kit is that? how much? and why are the kits so expensive if thats all it is. must be a perdy damn expensive shock tongue.gif
thank you for the pics blacktibs
Old 09-17-2005, 04:45 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Your paying for the R&D of the kit mostly and then on top of that for the time and materials to make each one.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:06 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Yea im pretty sure chris installed it himself lmao.gif , those r some nice pics
Old 09-18-2005, 09:22 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

That is the only installed VDC from Vertical Doors Inc. Its actually the prototype they used to design the kits for you guys. I removed them and installed them on to my black car recently.

The cost is mainly due to the super high grade metals being used. The 7-800 dollar kits are simply made from softer metals. Much softer. And if you have ANY plans on using these as a daily driver mod, then you HAVE to spend the extra cash for reliability sake. These will now be selling for 1195. They'll be available in the HP.com store and on FlyRyde.com for close to MSRP I'm sure, which is 1899.

I may do one little 4 or 5 man group buy on HP.com and here again as well. These things are fully covered, and thats why you pay with no regret. Any issue at all is covered, as these things are made for YOUR car, and bolt right up, the install I thought was pretty cool, but dont be like me and do it alone. I work by myself about 80% of the time, especially building the black car. But I was obviously successful so any shop that knows half of anything should be able to bolt these on in like 2 hours or less.

The issues that take a while, are extending the wires. I think a lot of people will just go the easy route and make a bootleg bunch of big crimping sections filled with connectors. Then black tape. Personally, I think that looks like ass. I sat for hours and extended each wire by soldering the joint and heat shrink tube over the top, then one giant tube to cover the hole group, and finally shrinking it down to be a nice strong cover for the extended wires. Just hope I dont need to get back in there for anything soon, lol, it really sucked sitting there all those hours in my driveway.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:54 PM

how hard is it for you to get out of the car. you no longer can just turn and get out. youd have to turn almost all the way around and squeeze out?
Old 09-21-2005, 12:29 AM

Vehicle: tiburon 1998

Very easy!
It only seems that you need to "squeeze" out. it's not the case, you have plenty of room to get in.