External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Under Car Neon

Old 07-01-2006, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am starting to look @ putting under car neon on my car. I have never really had any experience with this. How big of a deal is this to do? with it wired to a switch on my dash? thanks
Old 07-01-2006, 09:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

took me a my brother 6 hours to install with a switch in the floor. Then another 2 hours or so to install a fog switch and run the wires to it (you can get those switches on kspec.com) think I got mine at the dealer before I found this site...

anyways my suggestion is to spend the money/time on something else. You'll be much happier with it. the fun of lights wears off after a while and EVERYONE wants to race you when they are on. Most annoying thing ever. Ended up taking my neons off and wiring the switch up to my auto-up window relays
Old 07-02-2006, 07:23 AM

i have them, and it took about 3-4 hours to do (i had a lift). i gave it a "cool" LED flip switch as well. as long as you know basic wiring and what not, you should be fine with the install, if you decide to do it. and to agree with supercow, when you have them on, suddenly everyone knows who you are and wants to race.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:44 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^I did it on the floor with ramps, that was back before I even had a jack...

I finally took them off after breaking a couple more tubes, I got to the point were I'd put so much time/money into the lights and never used them because as soon as I did someone wanted to race. So I'd turn them back off anyways. Plus I have to admit now, they are pure rice.

Put the money towards wheels, you'll be 10x happier.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:36 PM

definately pure rice, i just thought they were cool and would look good on a tib smile.gif
Old 07-03-2006, 06:43 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

i wouldn't call them rice...

it took me and a buddy of mine a few hours on my black tib. not too hard at all. for the switch, what i did was grind out/smoothen the slots for the coin holder and put the switch in there. i thought it was pretty bad ass

not too hard... just make sure you test the lights before you install 'em! haha. i ended up having a bad one out of the box and didn't realize that til it was completely wired up. doh.gif
Old 07-03-2006, 07:25 PM

i had em... a good set too. they were cool for a while... then EVERYONE had them, and it got boring. they are expensive to replace and sometimes tough to replace. i ripped one completely off when i hit a raccoon... just left em off and havent messed with em since.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:19 PM

i've gone off roading w/ them and up a curb the other day and they havn't broken yet ::knocks on wood:: but yea i spent 300 on mine...at the time i didn't trust ebay and went to a store to pay full retail. A little fyi, i bought the streetglow gold series kit. i put my switches under my dash panel kind of near the fusebox so i could flick the switches on w/ my foot and have people like "huh? how'd he turn them on if his hands are on the steering wheel?"....lol i don't know cool.gif
Old 07-04-2006, 09:27 AM

well... maybe those ^^^ were tougher than my streetglow LED set... but mine broke constantly... and if water got inside the LED tube... it was shot. my advice is to not buy the streetglow LED set... just wasnt worth it
Old 07-04-2006, 08:19 PM

Everybody seems to have had neon......but no one likes it after about a week is what I have gathered huh? I think I'm still going to do it. I want to wire the switch into one of my spare switch blocks above my fog lights on the left side of the steering wheel. Can I buy a factory switch for that @ a dealership (it is a factory setup now with only one of the 4 blocks used and I'm guessing I can pop out one of the blanks and put in a switch. Am I dumb for even thinking this??