External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Tint or No Tint

Old 02-14-2005, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My tint cost me $180, but it was done by the best in the city, and he now gives me discounts for bringing customers in laugh.gif

Tint didnt even bubble when it was first on!!

http://members.cox.net/tjgjkt/family/tib5.jpg

Thats 15% front (over factory tint or w/e it was, really light, 10% maybe?) and 5% on the rears.. The fronts are just as dark as the 5% on the rears cuz of the previous stuff..

My buddy has 20% but it just isnt dark enough for me.. Its pretty hard to see out of at night @ 5%, but the only problems I have are backing up (just roll down windows laugh.gif)
Old 02-14-2005, 10:50 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (iamcyclopseatme)
My buddy has 20% but it just isnt dark enough for me.. Its pretty hard to see out of at night @ 5%, but the only problems I have are backing up (just roll down windows laugh.gif)

that tint looks good... and for me (unless there is a car w. headlights on)when it gets just a little bit dark i cant see scat out the back... just rierview mirrors

BTW looks like somebody used some tirewet in that pic cuz they look nice)? (either that or their wet)
Old 02-14-2005, 10:52 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i personally want chicks to see me in my car. it worked great last time... and i don't look foreward to losing that haha.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:56 PM

I agree with HKC and want to have tints that are dark enough to look good on my car but at the same time be able to be seen threw them. I also want it to be able to match well with CF so i think that 25% should hopfully fill my wants & needs.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:57 PM

LoL Chicks to see you in the car laugh.gif Im sure theyd rather have privacy wink1.gif

And I always use Armorall tire foam whenver I wash my car, nothing special.. Spray on, let it sit, wipe down the wheels lol
Old 02-14-2005, 11:05 PM

Not just chicks but ppl in general, i want it to be at the point where you can see me but at the same time look dark.... thats why im guessing around 25% should work... i hope. I think im going to go about 20% in the back for a couple reasons.... 1. so that it makes the front tints appear lighter (hopfully so cops wont bother me...) and 2. when i get a system i dont want ppl breaking into the car trying to steal stuff. That way with 20% in the back they shoudn't be able to see in.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:11 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

25% as long as it's legal in your state. I had 25% on the old saturn and they made us rip it off. I wish I could have dark a$$ tint because it's just awsome. But then again... i want the chicks to know who they're racing.

i also agree with you 01tibby341, something in the middle will work best. be careful, because sometimes medium tints look like they're brown. unless you have leather.

when i get a system i dont want ppl breaking into the car trying to steal stuff. That way with 20% in the back they shoudn't be able to see in.

good point. see you have a system. i don't! hehe. actually, i think it would be tempting for crooks to see what's inside a tinted car. then again, the only cars i've ever heard valdalization to were cars without tint.
tinting is really neat, but i'll pass. don't get me wrong... it's just awsome. but maybe if i was an actor and i didn't care who see's me and who doesn't. right now.. ehem being a little single does not help :b
Old 02-15-2005, 06:47 AM

i dont have a system yet but have plans to get one in the future. Im just trying to plan ahead.