External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Thinking about carbon fiber vinyl wrapping my shark spoiler

Old 08-20-2010, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99 Tib
Default Thinking about carbon fiber vinyl wrapping my shark spoiler

Not the whole thing. Just the middle cross section. I would leave the ends and pedestals as is. Anyone ever do this? What kind of CF vinyl did you use? I would want something thats really high quality and wont chip off easily.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:33 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I tried, and yeah, it was a disaster. I've been trying to find a company that will do REAL CF overlays as that's what I originally wanted to do. I ended up doing a pretty damn good paint job on my own, if I do say so! I used a flat black as a base and then sprayed Duplicolor Smoke Anodized finish. Its semi-transparent and has a similar shade as real carbon fiber. Cleared it and was happy. turned out WAY Better than the cf vinyl wrap. Just my .02 from trying it once.

My suggestion: find a shop that does real CF overlays, and I'll ship mine to them as well!!!
Old 08-20-2010, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

i think i need to get pics of my buddy's civic here to show you. he did a CF overlay on the roof and then sprayed the japanese rising sun on it. it looks pretty damn good and i nitpicked the sh*t out of being it was his first time.

last time i knew he had scuffed it down to reclear it cause of dust particles but i will go see if he has recleared it.