External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Tail Light Conversion

Old 10-23-2001, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail Light Conversion

Ok I have a 2nd gen tib and just out of curiousity, can anyone give me an idea of what I'll need to do a 1st gen tail light conversion and approx how much it'd cost.
I've always liked the 1st tails over the 2nd gen and now that the 1st gen altezzas are in production I'm really considering to do this mod.
Old 10-23-2001, 09:30 PM

Okay, at the least, you have to get a new rear bumper and new rear hatch, including the glass. I'm not sure about this, but you may have to modify the rear fender a little because the shape of the tail lights at the outer edges are different for the two cars. In Korea, a complete front and rear conversion goes for around 500 bucks, but for you guys, I'd say it would be around 3 times that, if they would even do it.
Old 10-24-2001, 01:05 AM

Boogyman- conversion from 1st to 2nd or from 2nd to 1st?

I can't see why anyone would want to go from a 2nd to 1st, why not have just bought a 1st gen. to start with?
Old 10-24-2001, 01:40 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tib

he must really like those new tail lights i guess.
Old 10-24-2001, 03:42 AM

HAHA.. It doesn't matter what you don't understand. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
Old 10-24-2001, 04:57 AM

Originally posted by QÜIKTIB:
I can't see why anyone would want to go from a 2nd to 1st, why not have just bought a 1st gen. to start with?

Such a copout question, man. I'm not trying to start any static with you or anything, but I've gotta say....we each have the vehicles we have. Odds are, we didn't know what we were going to want to do, or simply didn't have every conceivable option at our fingertips when we picked out the car that we did. We all want to work on our car of choice, and go from there. Regardless of the reasons he has for the modifications he wants to make to his car, they are his reasons.

Maybe he really likes the front end and the interior of the second-gen sharks. If he had a first-gen shark, sure, he could get the tails he wanted, but then he'd have to replace the interior and the front end of the car to get the full final vehicle he wanted to have. I'm sure if he was working from that end, someone would have said by now, "why not just get a second-gen shark in the first place?"
Old 10-24-2001, 01:32 PM

Originally posted by QÜIKTIB:
Boogyman- conversion from 1st to 2nd or from 2nd to 1st? Â

The thing is I was in the market for new car and I didn't have a whole lot of cash just sitting around, heck I didn't have ANY cash sitting around. So I needed a car with a good warantee and reasonably low monthly payments.
So here I am with a 2001 Tib.
Old 10-25-2001, 07:01 AM

If you would re-look at my post I directed my comment to Boogyman, not AzNxSandMan. And the reason for that was the fact that there is an abundance of 1st and 2nd Gen. Tibs over there, its not like they're hard to find items! OK AzNxSandMan wants the 1st Gen. tails, more power to him, I like them better then the 2nd Gen. too. I meant nothing negative at all to anyone and I don't really see how you took it that way, I'll be the first one in line to see a 2nd Gen with 1st Gen tails! You took a harmless question and almost completely made it look like a Flame! You can search these boards for hours and never find one time that I slammed someone for wanting a mod or questioning doing a mod!

AzNxSandMan - I'm sorry if it seemed like I disagreed with your post (it wasn't even directed towards you), anyone modding their tib is a step in the right direction.
Old 10-25-2001, 08:45 AM

Whoa whoa...I said I wasn't trying to start anything, man. Ease off...we're cool.
Old 10-26-2001, 01:54 AM

Sorry Iago, I thought you were loading up the flame thower man. We cool