External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Sylvania Silverstar Ultras

Old 11-08-2006, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not a ricer boy who likes buying blue bulbs. Never have been.

But I do like to cooler visibility of HIDs and the fact that they produce less heat and use 30% less energy. That's why I picked up a set of Uneek's HIDs for the Tib last year. Financial circumstances forced me to sell them (got nearly all my $ back thanks to Uneek's help - great guy).

Getting the car painted wasn't cheap and as much as I would like to buy another set, I just won't be able to till after the holidays. I was tempted to buy the regular Silverstars but I've heard that they don't last too long. (My PIAAs crapped out after 6 months on my Solara)

As I walked towards an Autozone register, I noticed these. Apparantly, they're pretty new and claim several amazing things. 20% more visibility over the regular silverstars, 30% longer life. All for
Old 11-08-2006, 10:36 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

LOL..

Dude you got to post up a picture with you shining the lights up on a wall/garage/tree/lamp post/squirrel...something so you can see the difference smile.gif

Take one of the reg bulbs, shoot her back in a lamp, drive up to a wall/garage door SOMETHING smile.gif and take a pic.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:54 AM

You can't see the difference in the pics? I can.

I'll look for a squirrel
Old 11-09-2006, 06:30 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

How significant a difference would you say this is? When I'm at home over breaks I live out in the country, so deer are a constant threat (actually destroyed the windshield on my old Sentra the morning I traded it in for the Tib because of a deer) and I wouldn't mind upgrading the bulbs if it's a big difference. HID is just insane expensive though...
Old 11-09-2006, 09:12 AM

You're the perfect candidate. While not as bright, wide or intensity as HID, it seems alot better than any bulb out there.

If you can't afford HIDs @ $220 for the best deer protection, buy these. Pepboys has 'em for $50 -$10 Company rebate - $15 Pepboys rebate = $25. Great deal - I wish I knew that before I bought mine.

WOOHOO 1000 Posts!!
Old 11-09-2006, 09:29 AM

Darn, that's not bad at all... now I have to actually find a pep boys in the area...
Old 11-09-2006, 08:24 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

i had the regular silverstar bulbs-... i hated them. they were constantly blowing out on me and i was very un-impressed w/ the light output (or lack there of). i must've replaced each silverstar bulb twice in a matter of 3 months-... w/ the money i spent replacing them i could've had a much better hid system.

i managed to save my pennies, asked around, and picked out a great kit off ebay-... genuine auto is the seller's name. their kits have a 3 year warranty, are water proof, and they're good seller's w/ great customer service (i was missing a part when i first got my kit and they mailed me the missing link quickly w/ no problem/expense). the kit is kinda pricey but you won't have to worry about it for the next 3 years. the kits are durable (totaled my last tib that had it and installed it in my new rd2-... worked perfectly). choose your color light output at no extra charge...

or just keep replacing those silverstars-... good luck!
Old 11-09-2006, 08:57 PM

Yeah, Im not sure how long these will last. Manufacturer states 200 hours or 1 year of use. If it lasts that long, I'll be happy with them
Old 11-09-2006, 10:57 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (Screwdriver @ Nov 9 2006, 09:12 AM)
You're the perfect candidate. While not as bright, wide or intensity as HID, it seems alot better than any bulb out there.

If you can't afford HIDs @ $220 for the best deer protection, buy these. Pepboys has 'em for $50 -$10 Company rebate - $15 Pepboys rebate = $25. Great deal - I wish I knew that before I bought mine.
WOOHOO 1000 Posts!!

Dude, you can get HID's for $160 or so. RD1Tib or someone here posted the site up a month or 2 ago and has had no problems with them.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:32 AM

That's still blooming expensive for lights...