External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Subaru WRX Hood Scoop...

Old 12-20-2001, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subaru WRX Hood Scoop...

Well, this Saturday afternoon I will have the hood scoop on!!! The guy started the work on it today. As far as I know I will be the second person to have done this to their Tibby...along with 2 Uniq.

Although, there will be a difference between his and mine. After a lot of thought I decided not to get the hole in my hood cut out. It would be too big of a hassle cause where I live their are a lot of trees, which means a lot of leaves!!! Also in my neighborhood there are a lot of trees that produces pollen and I did not know if a lot of pollen buildup on the engine would be good for it!!!

Instead, what we decided to do was to drill the holes in the hood and bolt it on. I dont really like that idea but thought it was the best. Then to make it look as if there is a hole its going to be painted black. I dont know if it will come out good, but I will see on Saturday. I will try to post some pics of it here on Saturday night!!!

Also he is fixing the scratch on my front bumper. Well, two scratches that are about two inches long. I am getting the windshield wiper arms or whatever those black pieces that hold the windshield wipers are called painted silver. I might get my mirrors painted silver too. Dont know if I want to yet???
Old 12-20-2001, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

I would cut the hole, and then just install mesh over the opening to keep the leaves out.

pollen will not hurt your motor. It doesn't hurt my turbo with the big evo hood I have.
Old 12-21-2001, 12:08 AM

Make the hole man. There is nothing worse than a fake non-functional hood scoop. It's just one of those things you know. Like putting a tip over your stock exhaust tip, or putting on a sticker of something that you don't have. I think you will get a lot of critisizm if you just bolt it on. Just my opinion though.
Old 12-21-2001, 01:56 AM

hes right
Old 12-21-2001, 07:21 AM

AGREED
Old 12-22-2001, 03:55 PM

I am picking my car up around 11 am Sunday so hopefully I will be able to clean it up and post some pics by tommorrow night!!!

I decided to go ahead and get the side mirrors painted so thats why it took a day longer to get my car back.
Old 12-22-2001, 04:09 PM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

How much did painting the side mirrors cost ya? I might just go to the junkyard and find some painted ones or something...like I know what I'm going to do next...
Old 12-22-2001, 04:16 PM

Well its one of my friends doing it. He does this kind of stuff for a living. He really hooked me up.

He is painting the hood scoop, putting it on, fixing the scratch above my headlight, painting my windshield wiper arms, and painting my side mirrors all for $170!!!

I will have repaint my dash here soon and paint whatever spoiler I get also!!!

But about the side mirrors. I have heard people on here talk about gettinf them painted in the $100-$200 range. Sounds pretty expensive to me.
Old 12-22-2001, 04:22 PM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

Yeah, I like my idea better. If I ever would get off my lazy bum and go to the local wreckage lot... rolleyes.gif
Old 12-23-2001, 06:47 AM

hey if you get the side mirrors from your junkyard ill buy the stock black one from you

i need the passenger side mirror for the first gen tibby(non electric)

well let me know