Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   External Appearance (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/external-appearance-13/)
-   -   Which Spoiler Is Better? (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/external-appearance-13/spoiler-better-38220/)

REDZMAN 08-27-2006 11:34 PM

Yup, doesn't matter what you "Believe", they were made.

I don't believe in taxes, but I pay them anyways.

How about the Rev A? There are a lot of same gen changes, but part #'s are still the same.

HyundaiKitCoupe 08-28-2006 12:14 AM

haha i didn't believe there were ufo's until i saw them wink1.gif

in any case, OEM spoiler like that might be difficult to find and will still fit improperly if you have a 2000+ due to the arcs and making them fit would requre a lot of modifications including patching or drilling holes. i'm glad to see the

xxxmonoxidechild 08-28-2006 05:38 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Aug 28 2006, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yup, doesn't matter what you "Believe", they were made.

I don't believe in taxes, but I pay them anyways.
How about the Rev A? There are a lot of same gen changes, but part #'s are still the same.</div>
im still intrested in the theory that they came oem on rd2's, whats your oppinion on that? ive allways wanted the shark wing on my rd2, but still remember after all these years that other members horror story.

but if it was offered OEM on an rd2, im gonna go mad junkyard hopping.....

OzFxCoupe 08-28-2006 05:46 AM

^ I don't think it ever was OEM on the RD2 mate. Viper got his one off an RD1, I believe.

REDZMAN 08-28-2006 08:25 AM

They were never OEM on RD2's unfortunately.

I wish man, I love that wing, but the Type R wing on the RD2 I think is just TITS. Looks like it's meant to go fast with that sucker.

xxxmonoxidechild 08-28-2006 04:24 PM

ive thought about the type R wing, and it is quite sexy (i cant deny it) and i like the idea that its hella rare in the states. but after years of staring my the stock rd2 wing i have now. its allways stood out to me, and gave the back end a certain look i just couldnt give up (unless for a shark wing wink1.gif ) it just flows with the hatch, and sides so well.

SOCKS_old 08-30-2006 10:50 AM

ahhh.. the great spoiler debate..

well, i have had em all..

US spec stock

shark spoiler (fiberglassed it to fit) about 98% done, looked at it for a bit, then sold it.

Type R spoiler

no spoiler

now the ATH spoiler smile.gif

the US stock spoiler is nice, but doesn't really fit the curves of the tib. i did like it tho, when i had it.. i traded it for a type R spoiler which i also liked, and had for a few months.. kinda got sick of it, and sold it.. had the shark spoiler for a while.. the FG work isnt very hard to do, i used a little bit of matte, some resin, and sanded it.. brought it up to the car, saw where i needed to sand, or add more, and kept going at it.. not that big of a deal.. it did look good.. i really liked it alot (never painted) but it wasnt really the look i was going for.. and now i have the ATH which i think looks amazing on the rd2.

zoned019 08-30-2006 11:47 PM

Actually it looks really bad on your car. I think you need to sell it to someone like me, I'll take that junk off your hands.^^^

msec1981 08-31-2006 03:05 AM

i have the type r spoiler.. i think that is the nicest one, and i also like the wong-west spoiler(alu) but we are not allowed in the netherlands to put aluminium wings on our car

blazin6969 01-02-2007 04:18 PM

What does the ath spoiler look like?Anyone have pics?Thanks