External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Side Markers

Old 02-24-2004, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone here installed Side Markers on their car?

I am looking to get a pair, and have decided on the LEDs I just don't know what style..

But, how hard is the installation? I mean, granted you need to measure the exact location on both sides.. but as far as wiring it to the signals and such.. Would i need to remove anything to go straight to the wires.. etc..

any help here? (not meaning mental help..)
Old 02-24-2004, 10:31 AM

the turn signal wires can be found best either under the dash (not sure the colors but i think REDZ would) or at the actual markers themselves... you can tap into them at both spots... most likely if i were you i'd tap in by the actual lights or follow the wires closer to your side markers... i think the wires have like a wire loom over them if im not mistaken but you can cut a section of that off if you are careful... im assuming the led has a converter and such with it... the hardest part is finding a position point for the lights and measuring all that out. good luck
Old 02-24-2004, 11:29 AM

QUOTE (cdogtibby1)
the turn signal wires can be found best either under the dash (not sure the colors but i think REDZ would) or at the actual markers themselves... you can tap into them at both spots... most likely if i were you i'd tap in by the actual lights or follow the wires closer to your side markers...

This is where I am stuck.. (no i don't have 2 gapping holes in my fender)..

wouldn't the wiring be between the fender and the inner engine bay (ie this diagram, excuse the bad graphics)..

fender => (ยท[
Old 02-24-2004, 12:31 PM

hmmm..... you know im actually not totally sure. best bet is to tap in right at the light... you can just run the wires to wherever you put your side markers!
Old 02-24-2004, 12:45 PM

keep in mind, (i think).. that the hole you drill, is only big enough for the bulb(don't know how LEDs work), to fit through.. so a 1/4" hole or a 1/8" hole is what you need to find the wires through?
Old 02-24-2004, 05:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

No, most side markers actually have a mounting portion behind the bulb that you have to put in the fenders, the sidemarkers in my trunk for my mod are almost EXACTLY the size of the stock trunk light, to give you a clue.

The wire should be run like you said man, it keeps it safe.

SPIKE brought up a good point, make SURE you clean the edges after cutting, measure 2 times, cut once, and paint up the edges to keep from rusting.
Old 02-28-2004, 11:54 AM

trust me.. I own two ltalian cars... you do NOT want rust.