External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Shaving

Old 09-23-2003, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who is in the Mid-Atlantic Region?

The other day I was talking to Joe from over on HP.com and I noticed he had the trunk of his elantra compleatly shaved.. very smooth, very sleek, very nice. My question.. how hard is it to shave the lock on the tib's trunk? unlike the elantra, it is in the middle of that soft plastic that they cover the bumper in.. Is there anyway to patch over that opening that will not crack, swell, or eventually fall out?
Old 09-23-2003, 08:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default users online module

prolly weld a plate behind it then put some bondo on it.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:24 AM

Vehicle: Custom Wagon

There is a two-part system you can buy to shave the key hole out. It's from 3m it's called 3m P.R.O. Fill E-Z sand here's the part number too 051131-05895. Use this stuff when it hardens it's flexable just like your factory bumper there are really good instructions that come with it as well. B/c it's pretty hard to explain everything. Anyway the main problem you'll run into is the keeping the two from falling through the hole. I would use some metal tape that you can get at Home Depot they use this on washer and dryers when hooking up the vent. Place a piece of metal tape over the hole on the backside of the bumper. Then follow the intructions and remove the tape when finished. This two part kit dries in about 30 mins or so. Hope that helps.
Old 09-25-2003, 05:15 PM

sounds like JUST what I was looking for. Bondo is evil.. and far too rigid for sealing up a hole on the flexible plastic of our bumpers... it would simply pop out and look worse than before.