Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   External Appearance (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/external-appearance-13/)
-   -   Shaved Door Kit (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/external-appearance-13/shaved-door-kit-30597/)

Mad-Machine 08-08-2005 06:04 PM

of course there are other ways to open your door than poppers.. I have seen a kit that allowed you to roll down the driver's side window at the touch of a keyfob so you could reach in and pull the interior handle.

Dmitry 08-09-2005 01:03 AM

I saw setup. They put small buttons on the bottom side of the mirrors.

Visionz 08-24-2005 09:33 AM

This is one topic I consider myself an expert in. No matter what shaved handle kit you use, you should ALWAYS have a fail safe. Wether its a manual override button popper, or a cable popper. Also, Autoloc is good for smaller situations, but I personally prefer DEI's kits and poppers. There's something about Autoloc that I just dont really trust. And when it comes down to having no door handles, you want the best kit on the market that you can trust.

In regards to using shaved handles in the winter, its not recomended, but you can get away with it as long as you have a strong kit, and high output poppers/solenoids. For a Tib, a 25-35 pound kit will work well. Some people say you can get away with a 10 or 15 pound, but I dont trust those smaller kits. Always better to go bigger just to be safe. Also, you're alarm is going to need to 2 additional ports on it if you want to be able to control individual doors with your alarm key fob. Otherwise, if it only has one port, then you will only be able to open one specific door (depending on the kit you get). Or, you might have to carry around 2 fob remotes. One for your alarm, one for your doors. Just make sure you do ALOT of research into different companies before you buy.

draguntib 08-24-2005 11:27 AM

Well i already purchased the kit and received it on sat. This weekend i will begin the install. I ended up with 45lb poppers/solenoids so i think that should be ok. It came with everything for a back up to pop them if the battery goes dead. I think i did ok we will see once i get it in this weekend

Visionz 08-24-2005 12:45 PM

Which kit did you get? Its not difficult to install. Its around the same as installing keyless entry into a car. The body work on the other hand, well...you have to know how to tap weld and work with fiberglass bondo well to actually take the handles out. If you're not careful when welding in the new door plate, you'll warp the metal and it will screw up the door really bad. When you do each tap, give it a few seconds between each one to give the metal some time to cool. Also, make sure you cut the plate to fit the door handle area as close as possible, otherwise you'll have gaps between the plate and door. When you go to fill it in with fiberglass, it wont hold very well and you'll have waves in the fiberglass in between the crack of the plate and door.

Good luck. smile.gif

draguntib 09-04-2005 02:24 AM

I just have one final question! I got everything ready to install actuators and new alarm function great now. But i cant figure out where to mount the solenoids and where to hook it up to in order for it to unlatch the door. If anyone here has done this or knows where to mount i would be ever so greatful! Thanks