External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Shark Wing

Old 12-12-2006, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

^ Maybe I can get it shipped straight to my company? I could even get a legit purchase order done up if it'd make a difference. It's my family's company that I work for.

Also, at this point in time I couldn't give a stuff about whether it comes with 2 or 3 pillars, lol.

If I can't get this wing (or an F2 Evo wing), I might have to seriously think about the RD2 hatch swap & start looking around for a donor car at the wreckers. The RD2 rear is nice without any wing at all.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:11 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Os, Oz, you guys could quite possibly do that however they shipper would have to ship it under his license I think. Maybe there's a way around it, but from what I know you would probably have to register your families company with the customs and say it is a piece of furniture or something haha.

If you want someone to find you a shark wing, you would have to hire a shipping company (preferably by air) and you can ask them what their charges are and their policies. Then have the company themselves send out a truck to pick up the spoiler from the person's house. When that spoiler hits your shore, it either passes customs (claims) with the proper papers, or it heads right to storage where it awaits customs approval.

storage is free for i think one week, the rest you have to pay for and storage calls your house asking you to pay for it. customs calls you saying you need to file with them personally by driving to their office or they do it for you by having you fax your passport and documentation to them and they fill it out for you for $200.

i thought it was as easy as picking it out of a warehouse right off the boat. i was ready to go to Baltimore and look for the warehouses! Nope, they have to handle everything including getting it to your door and by that I mean more than one company does that, there are a lot of companies all tied into one, so if you're trying to import personally you'll have like 4 different companies calling you, plus the long distance phone calls and having to call them at business hours.

i'd get some info from your work or family on a company that ships from America and find out how you can avoid customs with a business license (that way you're importing straight without claiming anything). otherwise, you or one of us could call autopartswarehouse and ask for availability and their policies on international shipping.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:29 PM

Damn.....this makes me wanna buy that wing and start making coppies and selling it here laugh.gif would be pretty good buisiness...

Tim, listen, what if we got PSC to import it for us? Would it be any difference?

What about the eBay stuff? Do customs still care? Like one of you guys buy that wing for us, then put it on eBay and we buy it off there laugh.gif or is it still the same thing with the import?